Sorry...But got in a street race!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hello.

Well it happened a few days before Christmas. I was drivin thru town in my City bus when suddenly...Vroooom pop crackie! A 90's model Toyota pulled up beside me at a light. No ordinary Toyota mind you, but this one was a primered black one with a whale tail and a fart can exhuast and a nos sticker in the rear window.
The sound of a highly tuned 80 horse engine in this 2000lb beast meant trouble for me! I was sure under the hood was a fresh K&N air filter as well.
Me in my 10,000 lb bus and nothing but a couple hundred horse diesal meant Id have to hit that green light in a timely fashion!
He looked over and reved that dbl overhead cammed bad boy to 5 grand...Smirked and clutched the ball of that 5 speed tightly in his hand.
I pulled the column filled shifter dwn into low and slowly put one foot on the break and one on the gas as to try n get the most outta the 1200 rpm stall converter I could get.
It felt like an hour had hit before I saw the red light turn into green. Like a young kid waiting on the second hand of a clock to strike the top of the hour so you can watch that bugs bunny cartoon youve been dying to see.
Suddenly You feel yerself release the break pedal and pound the accelerator pedal and as you blast thru the light you hear the roaring tires as the 5 speed toyota releases his burning clutch!
15 mph I hit 2nd, 40 im banging third! Just as he starts to pass me I nail overdrive and hit 55mph and pull enuff ahead to just nose him out at the light.
As I hold my hands up in victory he curses and quickly turns off onto another street. But not before I hear him yell "I'll get you next time sucker!".
I drove off not only a winner but with a lot more respect for my City bus. Victory was mine!!!!!:D

hahah..

That brought back some fun memories for me. Years ago, when I was driving a 66 SS Impala, and my sister was a school bus driver. We met up on the road somewhere and I chased her down. She had a bus load of high school kids, and we ended up drag racing down the highway. I know, I know, she had a bus load of kids, but this was in the 1970s when you could get away with stuff like that. But, the kids in the back were eating it up, and hanging out the windows taunting me, and eggin my sister on to go faster, and beat me.. Dangerous with a bunch of kids, well yeah, fun, hell yeah, and those kids I am sure are still talking about that today..

But on the other hand...

Me and my awsome Dodge slant-6 long bed ex Forestry Service truck got out-run by the Dawn of Hope bus on the way to work one morning! It was a Dodge Maxi-van, complete with wheelchair lift and full of handicapped children. Even though it was an uphill run, the smiles and squeels of delite from the kids made the embarrasment worth while.

My brother-in-law did something simular to that once w/ his dads s-10. He beat the guy heads up only for the guy to realize after the race that we had just installed a smallblack under the hood and left the v6 emblems on the fender.:D[ddev

Ah, so that was you I saw blowing the doors off of that poor ricer! I got this picture before you streaked out of sight.

bus_01.jpg

BTW, you might want to check the front of the bus. That noise you heard might not be bad shocks! :eek::D:D

funny-ad-on-the-bus.jpg

Don

I made this with GIMP (Linux's Photoshop)

This is just a fake news report that I made...it never really appeared on Dr Savages website....
Look at the article in the upper left corner you should be able to read the fine print...

savageBMWrace.jpg

Latest posts

Back