Street Rod Registration

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAM-LDS-2

Passed the NSRA 23 point insp , Getting DMV insp this week . Title and tags will change to Street Rod designation . That means no more inspections - as in they will never officially see my truck again . Tag renewals are done by mail in , one still has to pay for tags but no inspection . I checked and the vanity tag "RAT" is available so I'm gonna spring for the 40 bucks and get it . The possibilities here are endless . When one gets tired of his/her ride , instead of selling it and starting over , you can make any changes you want . New cab , new drive train , total new look sitting on the old frame . This ought to be fun .

we were looking for you at Harrington.....all the way there he kept asking..."do you think he'll let me sit in the truck again?" I am fairly sure we'll be there...CR

Passed the NSRA 23 point insp , Getting DMV insp this week . Title and tags will change to Street Rod designation . That means no more inspections - as in they will never officially see my truck again . Tag renewals are done by mail in , one still has to pay for tags but no inspection . I checked and the vanity tag "RAT" is available so I'm gonna spring for the 40 bucks and get it . The possibilities here are endless . When one gets tired of his/her ride , instead of selling it and starting over , you can make any changes you want . New cab , new drive train , total new look sitting on the old frame . This ought to be fun .
Very Kool
Did the NSRA inspection have any bearings on the title & tag designation change ?
Is this only for the great state of Delaware ?

Very Kool
Did the NSRA inspection have any bearings on the title & tag designation change ?
Is this only for the great state of Delaware ?

Well the passed NSRA 23 point insp is mandatory in order to change to the street rod category . I don't know if any other states have this . De has an antique Category . Antiques are not supposed to be modified - even an engine upgrade is supposed to disqualify you . It goes by year and has some other restrictions , vehicle is not for daily use - parades shows and trips to a garage or shop for repairs are the only use allowed . No inspections ever and tags are FREE . Most of the antique tags on cars in De are on vehicles that do not qualify for them . No body seems to get hassled , however if the police wanted too they could strip you of the antique tag on the spot . I heard they were doing this at shows in Maryland a while back . There are no such restrictions on the street rod tags . You do have to pay for the tags but it is done by mail .

The NH DMV told me to get street rod plates on a pre 1949 I need

street rods shall be equipped with the following:

(a) Hydraulic service brakes on all wheels.

(b) Sealed beam or halogen head lamps.

(c) Seat belts for all passengers.

(d) Turn signal lamps and switch.

(e) Safety glass or Lean.

(f) Electric or vacuum windshield wiper located in front of the driver.

(g) Parking brake operating on at least 2 wheels on the same axle.

II. Notwithstanding the requirements of this subdivision, bumpers, fenders, and hoods shall be optional equipment. Exhaust systems discharging along the side of the vehicle shall be allowed, provided the exhaust discharge point is to the rear of the rear edge of the front door and such system shall exit exhaust gas away from the vehicle.
They said nothing about nsra 23

Thanks

The only thing we have here, I'm aware of, is the Historical plates.
Basically the same regulations just less rules.

Latest posts

Back