Things that should never be put on a hot rod.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

Well heres my list of "never"s, sorry in advance if i **** anybody off :)
-BILLET
-LEDs
-3rd brakelights(especially if there LEDs)
-neoprene seat covers
-ghetto spinners
-radios, 6disc CD changers, MP3s(not like you can hear em anyways)
-catylitic converters
-FAT CHICKS
-any parts "made in (insert Asian country here)" or "hencho en mexico"
-power steering
-air conditioning
-fiberglass
-plastic
-air ride suspension
-cigarette lighters
-back up lights
-grade 2, or no grade hardware(Don knows what im talkin about)
-fenderless IFS
-carpet

IMO - Automatics or power anything too. Good thing I'm building a custom! :)

Oh, and fat chicks are OK as long as nobody knows!;)

There's a couple of things I disagree with but overall your right about the rest. Call me a traitor or whatever but as for radio's, CD players, mp3 etc... You can hear them fine if you back em up with a descent amp! :eek: Well hidden of course! I like my tunes too much to go without them totally! Right DMW?? :D

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

T1

Last edited:
Hot Rod---AC, Power Steering, Billet, Stereo, Carpet,....all YES.

Rat Rod---No, No, No, YES, maybe.

..."hencho en mexico", Yes in both, where do you think the upholstery comes from. Tiajuana Tuck and Roll and Blankets...YES.

Well my car is not a hot rod by your standards but I'll beg to differ with you. Frankly I don't care what other people do to THEIR OWN cars. I don't really see the need for a standardized list of what should, or should not be either, at least on this site. Do we really need this kind of stuff here?

A/C

I grew up without it. My old man was too cheap to use it.

However, for a closed body hot rod with a hood, if you drive the car in the heat of summer, A/C is really nice.

My last "hot rod" had no heat or A/C. I didn't enjoy the sweat fest with the windows rolled up, nor the exhaust fumes (turndowns) with the windows cracked, so it was roll the windows all the way down and not be able to hold a conversation. At least it already was a radio delete car (factory!).

My next "hot rod" street-strip car, a Pontiac wagon, is going to have it.

The S-10 on the other hand, no. A/C clutters up the engine on an open car, IMHO. Now, if there is a way to HIDE it....

440shorty

Rule book!

Please refer to the "Rat Rod Rules Book"! That will fully explain what can & can't be included on a rat rod! Copies ae available @ u're local bookstore or hot/rat rod shop!!! :D

Guess I better take my 3rd tail lite off now?!

BoB

Attachments

• rearshot.jpg
    rearshot.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 46
Please refer to the "Rat Rod Rules Book"! That will fully explain what can & can't be included on a rat rod! Copies ae available @ u're local bookstore or hot/rat rod shop!!! :D

Guess I better take my 3rd tail lite off now?!

BoB

Maybe it is not a rat rod. Are you some kind of soccer mom?:D

Wow no cigarette lighters, air ride and LED third brake lights. Mine has them all just well hidden. Must be official mine is NOT a ratrod! Ah screw him, but it is MY ratrod!!!

if everyone went by rules then everyones cars would look the same, i dont like when rat rods and traditionals are put in the same group, as soon as rules starts it isnt custom anymore, i am happy with my car being an oddball it gets looks and its fun to drive/ride in I am happy with my ride just the way it is

Latest posts

Back