This is why people hate rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only found two instances where people hate rats , on the hamb and when they are parked next too me and realise every one is looking at my rat and not their car/truck .

You know whats funny? I actually know a guy who will remain nameless that has a rat truck and doesn't hide the fact. Yet he's also big into the HAMB scene. I've never understood how he stays so involved and excepted in it considering his choice in rides??? [S :confused:

T1

hey!
where'd you get pics on my latest build?
and it was gonna be a suprise........:(

Whew!! I'm glad you fessed up--I usta drink a little, and the 80s are kinda fuzzy, Thought that mightta been one of mine!! :)

PA41

You know whats funny? I actually know a guy who will remain nameless that has a rat truck and doesn't hide the fact. Yet he's also big into the HAMB scene. I've never understood how he stays so involved and excepted in it considering his choice in rides??? [S :confused:

T1

I attended a lot of shows last year,some with my rat and a few with out. I went to the Jalopy Showdown , Rumblers NYC , Hot Rod Hoe Down Phila. Jalopy Drags Pa and the JalopyRama Md , to name a few . I have met quite a few Hambers at these shows who were openly enjoying the rats . Don't know how big in numbers the rat haters are on the HAMB , but they seem to control the site by being very vocal . So all Hambers are not rat haters and probably a lot of them own and drive rats but just go with the flow for what ever reason . This year am adding the Violaters pa , Karb Kings md , and what ever other jalopy/rat shows I can find . Bet there will be Hambers at all of them . Just maybee rat hating is not as prevelant here on the east coast as it seems to be else where . At the Geezers at The Grove -Maple Grove Dragstrip Pa - show 25 of the show cars got a trophy and a trip down the strip , there were only two rats in the show and both got picked . No rat haters at the Grove . PS grandson and I both enjoyed the run down the strip .

hey!
where'd you get pics on my latest build?
and it was gonna be a suprise........:(

Whew!! I'm glad you fessed up--I usta drink a little, and the 80s are kinda fuzzy, Thought that mightta been one of mine!! :)

PA41

I don't think alcohol could cause that. Even over time....

yeah well
you see guys.
not only do i drink a whole lot.
unfortunately
i am also nuttier than chinese chicken salad.

Last year at a swap meet/show I had the '25 Dodge Coupe. As I walked back to the car there were 2 old guys (like me) on one side and 2 old guys on the other side. On the one side the guys were talking about how bad the rat rod trend is:confused: and on the other side the guys were really digging the coupe.[cl I also have noticed that spectators that don't have hot rods tend to really enjoy the rat rods as do all kids.
My conclusion, at least half of the hot rod owners like 'em, and almost all adult spectators do too. All kids love 'em.[dr That's a great fan base.

Last year at a swap meet/show I had the '25 Dodge Coupe. As I walked back to the car there were 2 old guys (like me) on one side and 2 old guys on the other side. On the one side the guys were talking about how bad the rat rod trend is:confused: and on the other side the guys were really digging the coupe.[cl I also have noticed that spectators that don't have hot rods tend to really enjoy the rat rods as do all kids.
My conclusion, at least half of the hot rod owners like 'em, and almost all adult spectators do too. All kids love 'em.[dr That's a great fan base.

old farts and young boys love my vintage willys cj5 ;)

Unsafe Rat

Be that as it may..some know when to call a spade a spade

Attachments

• not safe.jpg
    not safe.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 91
old farts and young boys love my vintage willys cj5 ;)

Billy,

You can call it whatever you want, but this quote honestly scares me, and most of the local boy scout troop. [cl

I accidentally looked at the pictures of that yellow truck-thing again and I think it's giving me a rash. :D

Bruce

That yellow junk is stupidity at it worst.:mad: You cant fix stupid.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but doesnt a build have to be inspected to be allow on the highways?:confused:

WTF?? that is Terrible!!!

Wikipedia:

Jalopy (also clunker or hooptie) is an old, decrepit, unreliable and often nonfunctional car which has limited mechanical abilities and is often in an unmaintained and usually in a rusty or dented shape. A jalopy is not a well kept antique car, but a car which is mostly rundown or beaten up.

Latest posts

Back