Viva Le Fiberglass

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed the hydraulic clutch set up - the master cylinder looks like one I saw on a '62 Chevy truck, and I noticed the slave works with the stock clutch fork. Can you shed some light on the subject?

440shorty

Color choice is awesome!

This is an older thread 440shorty. Groucho has been banned since it was posted. I think he posted about the m/c and such over on the hamb though. There's many posts about the car there. Same user name there too.

Well, not to drag up old laundry, but let's just say Groucho saw some of the rules here a little prohibitive to his way of thinking. We keep it pretty tame and PG rated here, and some folks just can't seem to understand that we want it to stay that way.

It is really a shame too, because I know he is a talented contributor on other forums, and I have a lot of respect for him. I know some forums feel it is ok to use pretty strong language as an example. We don't see the need to do that, especially since some of our members are ladies and sometimes kids come on to check out things too. Every house has it's own rules, and those just happen to be the rules in this one.

Don

Last edited:
The rod has less than 500 miles and its for sale. $38.5K

Saw him at Mooneyes Xmas show in his El Camino. I asked why he didn't drive the 32', he said too many puddles. It was his first fenderless car and he couldn't believe how much he had to clean it. :D

I just want to say I hated to see Groucho Banned as well...

There is no doubt that he has a lot of talent...

Not to mention that I have been falling behind on the sewing classes that he didn't agree with...:D

I noticed the hydraulic clutch set up - the master cylinder looks like one I saw on a '62 Chevy truck, and I noticed the slave works with the stock clutch fork. Can you shed some light on the subject?
440shorty
The m/c is off of a 61/62 Chevy truck. You hook the clutch to the brake side and the brake to the clutch side. Both are the same so it doesn't matter. If you get the truck slave cylinder (push) and fab a mount to the bell housing, no problem. If you use an aftermarket slave cylinder (pull), the clutch side of the m/c must be sleeved down to a 3/4" bore or the pedal is real short and the pressure to apply is extreme.

Check www.brakecylinder.com

I used the same master cylinder on my '27 and it has worked great for years. The only drawback is that it is a single cylinder, not a dual cylinder like modern ones, so if you lose pressure for some reason you lose all of your brakes, both front and rear. With modern ones you have two chambers, one for the front brakes and one for the rear. If one side goes out you still have the other side to safely stop the car.

I turned mine around backwards and ran it under the floor. It makes a nice compact system if you are running a stickshift with hydraulic clutch.

Don

Attachments

• my 27 top view.jpg
    my 27 top view.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23
DAMN,that is a awesome shade of green,a few years ago when i was mixing paint for carquest i mixed up a gallon of base coat almost the so shade of green,but instead of the flake i used four different shades of pearl and i mean heavy on the pearl,it was awesome,i gave the paint to my buddy to put on his cj

Latest posts

Back