what has everyone been using for brake pedal assemblies?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70_boosted

im looking at either buying a universal kit or junkyarding for something that will fit my needs. tho i figured id get some quotes from fellow builders on what there running, any maybe some knowledge or a shove in a certain direction.

havent truthfully searched yet, but im running a disc/drum setup and not sure whether i need/will run a brake booster. id like to keep it simple and moderate. ive looked on ebay, even in my firebird as a possible candidate and still not sure. i saw to dual cylinder wilwood style universal pedal assembly(180ish) and ive looked at piecing together the pedal assembly and master cylinder together(100-200ish) and still lost. i have free time tomorrow so maybe look in the junkyard for a treasure find? any worthy car candidates i should scout for? sorry for the additional post but if i can save money from buying a used part then i will. have full access to cleaning and rebuild parts through i buddies shop. let me know, thanks.

My pedal assembly came out of an '83 Olds Cutlass. The master cylinder came out of a '70 Chevy half ton. Cheap and easy

Front disc and rear drum from same Olds Cutlass. No booster but proportioning valve came out of Olds also and stops excellent

I'm runnin a clutch & brake pedal assy out of a late 60's chevy pickup with a 62 IH master cyl, works good. If ya don't mind aftermarket find a racer and get a wilwood setup, sometimes pretty cheap at swapmeets.

Im using a manual pedal and booster/m/c from a '96 chevy Geo metro.I cut and used the firewall so the holes all worked. The clutch m/c is a '96 GM truck to fit my tranny. I had to make the rod connect to the clutch pedal.

Attachments

• pedals.jpg
    pedals.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 72
  • SDC10116.JPG
    SDC10116.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 69
  • lakes.jpg
    lakes.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 74
ill just need to junkyard and find something that will flow well, maybe snag some stuff off the caddy collection they have there, seeing how that will be my new drivetrain

i got this unit off a 96 - 01 jeep little cherokee. works real good for me . i had to shorten the rod a little to work on my original pedal. you can get the swing pedal asy for the same vehicle if your going junking . i actualy bought this setup off ebay for 30 bucks shipped to my house . and its standard american threads not metric on the lines

DSCN0573.jpg

I second Geo pedals. I had very limited space in the Willys. They are nice and tight yet usable. Very easy to adapt to mount on firewall.

BSW

geo pedals and booster

My 40 sedan is limited because of the channel so I also use the geo.
I purchased the shortest 3/16 metric lines at NAPA to get the fittings I needed to convert to GM. After some practice flares on new 3/16 alum lines the conversion is easy. But be sure to cover up your lines if you are going to weld in the vicinity.....weld spatter destroys.

Attachments

• 100_4857.jpg
    100_4857.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_5905.jpg
    100_5905.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back