What makes us different

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
This is a vent a a kudos. Most of us are on other forums. It seems like every forum has a couple gurus that have a fair amount of knowledge and a serious lack of respect for other people's opinions. I won't name names (it's not the HAMB) but I've quit a couple other boards because I got tired of being talked down to and put on the defensive. I am soo glad we are respectful and don't have those kind of people here.

I know what you mean. I was a (brief) member of another forum one time and the feeling there was just like you were an outsider in an exclusive club or something. Any time you did a post it was like you were intruding and the responses were almost like "who are you to be having an opinion?":eek:

I've only had the pleasure of meeting a few of the members of RRR in person, but feel even those who I have not met are people I would love to sit down and have a cold one with. Bob does a good job in making sure things stay very cool around here. I can only imagine how much time and work he has to devote to this site to keep it as good as it is. :)

Don

I actually use this site somewhat as therapy. When I'm stressed out I can come on here and it always makes things seem better. I believe it's because I am with like minded people. Whatever it is I would like to thank all of you very much.

This is a vent a a kudos. Most of us are on other forums. It seems like every forum has a couple gurus that have a fair amount of knowledge and a serious lack of respect for other people's opinions. I won't name names (it's not the HAMB) but I've quit a couple other boards because I got tired of being talked down to and put on the defensive. I am soo glad we are respectful and don't have those kind of people here.

That bothers you? I love being talked down too by some know it all who spends their life on a keyboard.

You got to love the Key Board bullies. Watch out for there large wrist and finger muscles.

If some one is looking for info I give them my advice and could care less about the bullies. They are just looking for a fight so just ignore them.

Opened a can of woop, well you know the rest......

On one of those other sites, I tried to save this guy's pathetic life, and talk him out of running a mini-spool with c-clips no less, on the street. I even said how I am sure you know this guy and that guy who has done it, bla, bla, bla. Sure enough, the know it alls came after me for blood. 27 posts and that was enough for me, never went back, that was 2 years ago. Even tried to explain how engineers like me have determined NOT FOR STREET USE, boy just knowing I was an engineer, sent him into a tirade. Wonder if he's still alive. They should rename that forum- Suicidal Death Rides.

We also can talk about our LORD and Savior here without getting beat up or our accounts ZAPPED, to that I say THANK YOU MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those people who think they know everything really annoy those of us who do:D;)

yep, tripper, bonehead, you guys know it, humility is our strongest point.....
of course it would be, after all we're the greatest bunch of hotrodders on the planet, (and that doesn't hurt our rep. none either....:cool:)

i really don't understand the "know-it-all" mentality of some of those guys i hear about......esp. when they're WRONG about as often as they are right

Latest posts

Back