gasoline prices!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was dropping here and they predicted under $3 a gallon by the end of the year, but right around Thanksgiving it started to climb again. Then it dropped a little but at Christmas it went back up. However, in the past few weeks it has slowly been inching down and I just saw $ 3.29 the other day, which is low for this area.

All my stuff runs on premium and if I get it for $ 3.65 that is a bargain. Usually I pay in the $3.89 range and I get upset when it tops $4.00.

One day here before Christmas gas took a 20 cent jump in one day ! :eek: I glanced at the sign on the gas station near me on the way home from work and it was $3.35. Two hours later I went out to get dinner and the same sign read $3.55 ! :mad::mad:

Any more I just pump and don't even look at the price.......too frustrating.

Don

There's some gas stations out here that have digital price signs now. The guy doesn't even have to come out with his long pole and change out the numbers. They just change right before your eyes. :mad:

Bouncing $3-$3.20 here!

There's some gas stations out here that have digital price signs now. The guy doesn't even have to come out with his long pole and change out the numbers. They just change right before your eyes. :mad:

Nearly all of our signs are digital here now. Like you say, you can actually see them change if you drive by at the right time! :eek:

Beercan

It's 3.19 at both stations, in this little town. Ten miles down the road, in the real world, it's 2.95 all over. They know it's not worth the trip for 24 cents a gallon. Smart retailers.

It's 3.19 at both stations, in this little town. Ten miles down the road, in the real world, it's 2.95 all over. They know it's not worth the trip for 24 cents a gallon. Smart retailers.

Don't automatically blame them. They have to pay more to have the trucks drive out there to supply the gas. Chances are, they're making less profit than the other guys down the road.
This may not be true where you are, but I know for a fact that it does happen. I know someone that used to own a gas station in the boonies, with only one other station in town. He used to own it...It took him many years to pay off what he lost at that station.

Don't automatically blame them. They have to pay more to have the trucks drive out there to supply the gas. Chances are, they're making less profit than the other guys down the road.
This may not be true where you are, but I know for a fact that it does happen. I know someone that used to own a gas station in the boonies, with only one other station in town. He used to own it...It took him many years to pay off what he lost at that station.

True, and also remember that lower volume stations pay more for their gas too. I used to work at a Texaco and we got a 3 cent rebate when we went over 80,000 gallons for the month. Then I think there was another couple cents at 250,000. That's when gas was around 1.00. More than once we rented a tanker and filled it from the pumps to make the 80,000. Then sold the tanker load to Cal Worthington Ford for jobber price. Texaco didn't care as long as it went through the pumps.

Well, Iowa quit piping in 87 octane and went to 84 octane so now it's hard to find 87pure. And since it's a 84/91 mix, it's only 10-15 cents less than 91 premium. The low grade 87 ethanol is running about $3.00 here as of late. Premium around $3.40.

Some of my stuff, I don't care what I run, but my old motors and my mowers and such, I want the non-ethyl.

But propane is about $5.00 - Ouch!

$3.22 here today....two days ago it was 3.59 and two weeks ago it was 3.19....what a scam......I had 70 cents off at the local Kroger store so filled both my truck and my wife's suburban....but it only lets you do so much then shuts down....anyway....it's a load of do do....

11 miles to the north of me. $3.39
11 miles to the south of me $3.29

20 cents a gallon increases are the norm around here. I've had the price on the signs change as I was pumping it. Soon as I stopped the price at the pump changed too.
Torchie.

Converted from metric - $4.32 yesterday. (This is just plain stupid... its our oil from our soil and we refine it right here in the sink, so to speak.) Heavy taxes are the problem. I can run 90 minutes across the border and buy the same product from the same refinery for a fraction. :mad:

Latest posts

Back