What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked on the gold '63 Merc...I put new front wheel cylinders, new master cylinder, new thermostat, rebuilt the carb, and fixed numberous wiring issues.

I got heater hoses hooked up in my truck for fall cruising. Seems to work pretty good. I wasn't sure how it would work since I made my own heat exchanger out of copper tubing and aluminum roof flashing.

The best part of the weekend was that I saved myself several hundred dollars on getting my daily driver fixed.

I found number 2 and 5 were not, and that just happens to be two plugs that are driven by one coil pack. I went to Autozone and $ 26.95 later my car is running like new ! [cl I bet I would have paid the dealer at least $ 300-$ 400, so now I have beer money. :D

Don

Having beer money is good:D By the way...nothing looks as good as a fresh engine, and the Olds looks good.

About all I got done this weekend was offer the 40 Studebaker to my brother in law minus the engine and trans (he's a Mopar man and wouldn't want the tuned port anyway). I've been tossing it around in my head (getting rid of the Stude) for a while, and he's always liked it since we started building it together, I figured I'd see if he wanted it...if not, it may be offered here...if I don't change my mind again:confused:

My son who is now off to college, came home and we worked on his truck. Built a rear bumper, and some ladder bars for it. Worked on the 43 top. took the wife out for dinner. Life is good.

Resize_P030911_18021000004.jpg

picked this up and bbq with the neighbors .

Well it wasn't over the weekend, but I've spent the last couple days at the hospital, added a 9lb 12oz baby boy to the family..guess it'll be a couple years before he can get me a wrench or a beer in the shop:D

IMG_1248-1.jpg

Well it wasn't over the weekend, but I've spent the last couple days at the hospital, added a 9lb 12oz baby boy to the family..guess it'll be a couple years before he can get me a wrench or a beer in the shop:D

IMG_1248-1.jpg

Congrats Tim... better get him a project car this weekend! Get to work man... he's gonna need wheels!!! :D:D:D

IMG_1248-1.jpg

I rate this photo a 10!!...no wait, that's a different thread...:D
Seriously, you have been blessed more than you can know. Take it from a guy that knows, my only regret in life is that I never had kids.

Now THAT is a good weekend ! What a good looking Son you have there. [cl As they always say, enjoy him now because before you know it he will be all grown up.

As for what I did this weekend, speaking of Sons I got to see my two Sons play in a band together for the first time in 5 years, last night. They play in different bands normally, but last night we took some friends who are visiting from England down to where Don was playing and my other Son Dan sat in. Brought tears to my eyes, I have to say. :)

Don and I also did some horse trading today. He bought back a Mercury Capri drag car that he was building, but sold about 4 years ago. He always regreted selling it. This week is showed back up on Craigslist, so he bought it back. That meant he had no use for the 89 LX Mustang he had sitting, so I got that from him and am going to make a street/drag car out of it, as soon as I get my rpu done.

He doesn't know it yet, but I have a 355 Chevy out of a Camaro drag car and B & M TH350 that I am thinking about swapping into the Mustang. I know that is not the coolest thing to do, but I have the Chevy and am out of Ford motors right now. :D

Don

I can't. The Chevy motor has too much good stuff on it to get rid of, and the only project I have around the corner that I could use it on is the Mustang. I would never get out of the motor all that is in it, and it only needs a rering and bearing job to get it going. It's a probuilt motor I think what happened was the cam wasn't broken in right and lost a lobe.

I'm going to have to sneak this one by my Son Don because he said he would buy me a Ford motor before he would see me put a Chevy in it. :D But I kind of like the challenge of getting it in there.

Don

Lots of Chevy powered Mustangs on Pinks All-Out. Hope to see you there when Pinks comes to Florida.:D

That is a beautiful baby boy. Good size too. He'll be a fine helper in the garage.[cl

Got the Belair running

Bought an aluminum radiator off ebay. Cheap but the trans cooler bungs are 1/8 pipe thread and the cap is tiny with no pressure on it, but I ran the motor for 10 minutes to break in the cam and the cap didn't leak and the temp stayed at 180. My core support must be twisted cuz the radiator wouldn't set flush. I made some shims to go behind the bolts cuz I didn't want the rad in a bind. After gettin all the little stuff hooked up I ran the motor and it sounds good with no problems. Feels good to have running. Need to fix some electrical stuff and then should be ready for test run down the back roads.

Huh..can't ad any pictures to this reply....:confused:

Washed the Olds fro a car show Sunday, made 6 batches of pepper jelly, and seasoned a bunch of cast iron skillets on the grill. It was a good beer drinkin' day!

I ended up through out about 10 Chevy Turbo 350 Trans kits. Tore down about 4 trans so they can dry out and clean the mud out of my trans room. All this rain the water came through the back wall and flooded the room.

Latest posts

Back