1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and here is her wide rear end :eek:

dont tell my GF, ............

cac45bc7.jpg

I won't tell, cause taken out of context that could get some knots put on your head :p

The truck is looking awesome and I think the wide rear end really makes it! [cl I've been through your build thread several times but today I'm starting to read it through from start to finish again.........did 10 pages this morning, I'm up to Aug. 26, 2009 :cool: Carry on good sir :D [P[P[P

Thanks everybody ... your positive feed back always helps to keep me going when I loose motovation

Lucky you :) I found out that the rear gear in mine is a 5.86 :(

Found some 3.73's and a carrier just need to get the cash together to get them

with the 307 gears and big tires I should be able to cruise at 70mph at only about 2000RPM, hopefully get some good fuel economy as well... it wont be fast off the line, but with the cost of these tires I wouldn't want to be doing any crazy burnouts anyway...

I won't tell, cause taken out of context that could get some knots put on your head :p

The truck is looking awesome and I think the wide rear end really makes it! [cl I've been through your build thread several times but today I'm starting to read it through from start to finish again.........did 10 pages this morning, I'm up to Aug. 26, 2009 :cool: Carry on good sir :D [P[P[P

haha.. I know I was wondering if someone was going to comment on how I worded that.. i assure you I was referencing the truck not the GF...

Sometimes I dig back into it as well... i forget some of the stuff that I have done to it

lookin good corpo, i wish i would have paid attention to where ya lived a couple weeks back. we were in chiago to pick up some parts for my one ride.

Well I live downtown chicago, but the truck is out in the west burbs at my parents place, where are you based out of?

Yeah I hear ya there on the burnouts LOL these damn dually's are spendy on tires but I really need to get some smaller gears back there otherwise I won't be makin any long trips outta town right now at 60 mph I am sittin at 4000 rpm :(

Well I live downtown chicago, but the truck is out in the west burbs at my parents place, where are you based out of?

ohio, we went down town for the day and walked around. i really really like that city. that will be one city i will go back to.

we had to drive about 1.25 hours southwest of downtown to get my parts, we just made a weekend out of it.

Really nice truck , I like the airbags. I was thinking of doing that with mine. How does it ride? I'll have a BBC in the front of mine. Again, nice work.[cl

ohio, we went down town for the day and walked around. i really really like that city. that will be one city i will go back to.

we had to drive about 1.25 hours southwest of downtown to get my parts, we just made a weekend out of it.

Glad to hear the city treated you well, I love it here.. just wish I could afford to have a shop downtown

Get any good parts??

I have been to Chicago several times, very nice city IMO with a lot of things to do and see there, and good places to eat also. You gotta get outta the semi to really check it out.

I have only been to Chicago in semi trucks. I seriously have to ask WHAT do you love about it? :rolleyes:

Well... I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city, the diversity of the people who live here. There is always something to do, events, concerts, street festivals... I like the fact that I can hop public transportation and get places without having to worry about my car (I know weird coming from someone who loves to drive) I also enjoy being able to walk to the store or to the gym. And of all the major cites I have ever been to, Chicago is much cleaner...

I've never been there, but am planning on going to the IMTS show this fall, hopefully get to check out a little of the city while I'm there

My sister lives in the corn cob buildings down town. We have visited a bunch of times and really like the city. I think they city did a good job with the down town area revitalization.

i got some parts for my 54 chevy, front clip.

we at pizza at pizanos, somewhat deap dish. it was the bestest ever i have ate. we also ate at phil stefani's, the 85 bones i spent there was the worst and wished i bought 4 more of them pizza's from earlyer lol.

mich ave was cool, we walked blocks apon blocks with pleny to see every where. rode the double decker tour bus full trip and liked the city.

ive been to ny city as well, sorry but i will not go back.

I've been through your build thread several times but today I'm starting to read it through from start to finish again.........did 10 pages this morning, I'm up to Aug. 26, 2009 :cool: Carry on good sir :D [P[P[P

Just finished page 25 on my latest trek through this great build! Find something new every time I go back through your build....... learning a lot too!

Well, it's a rainy Friday so my schedule went out the window. What better to do than take a '' 5 Page " dose of CORPO's build thread :D
Ahhhhhh, there that's better :cool:

I'm up to page 30...........anything happening lately?

Haha ... I'm glad you are enjoying the build thread again... When I look back through it I get two general thoughts...

-"oh yeah I forgot I did that"
-"2009... man I am slow"

Nothing to report... Mostly just saving $$$ I need to order the test of the air suspension components.

I am heading out to the burbs tomorrow to work on it, I'm hoping to finish welding the floor and get the seats actually mounted... I got a lot of finish welding to do... Especially when I blow it all apart... Which will hopefully be soon

Last edited:
Hey corpo.
anything new? RR

Nothing photo worthy... finished up the floor, decided to make the trans tunnel removable so fab'ed some tabs so that it will bolt in. Other than that, I have actually began to take stuff back apart so I can finish welding everything. I have to take it all the way back apart to finish boxing the frame... paint and re assemble...

I am actually toying with the idea of the painting the cab these days.. not sure on that one.. still have to finish welding the back of the cab where I replaced the whole rear skin..

Basically, I have countless hours of welding to do...

Latest posts

Back