1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see some progress. I keep looking for this thread so I can see what you have come up with. Great work, as always. I want to see you finish it.

Great to see some progress. I keep looking for this thread so I can see what you have come up with. Great work, as always. I want to see you finish it.

Well im glad my slow pace has not made everyone loose interest.... I will finish it... just dont know how long it will take me to get there.. I am thinking I need to take a week off and really hit it hard... But just so hard to find the time... work is crazy busy these days...

You in Automotive Corpo? we are swamped too... its nuts!

Good luck finding some more time, we voted in another thread to add hours to the day, but I have not seen that happen yet =(

You in Automotive Corpo? we are swamped too... its nuts!

Good luck finding some more time, we voted in another thread to add hours to the day, but I have not seen that happen yet =(

- motorcycles actually.. we are an OEM supplier

Lose interest? Hardly, we just look forward to the next update..

Haha thanks man... Not a big update.. spent the long weekend welding.. welding and more finish welding... I also made all my box plates for my frame... which still needs to be finish welded... I burned out two angle grinders and went through 15 cut off wheels making the box plates....
D66D4843-5CDA-41D4-9DDE-84653E5ECFA3-501-000000FFA77CF1E6.jpg

I dont think I would ever build a frame from old rails again... it would have been 1000 times easier and less time consuming to start with fresh material.

Hang in there!!!!

Really good engineering Corpo. But...not enough hours in the day, huh?[S

How 'bout this? I'M RETIRED and I can't seem to get any time on my COE!!!! Got some family difficulties right now but they will work out. Just some advice.....don't retire or you won't have ANY time. LOL Ask any old retired f**t, he'll tell ya!:(:rolleyes:

Just think how boring life would be without a build. Yeah, when it's done, you'll drive and enjoy it.......till the NEXT one.[;)[cl

Good luck
Lynn

Very impressive!!! You are obviously very talented and don't just see
A piece of metal when looking at you build.

Not everyone has the ability to see something in their mind and then
Build it.

My hats off to you!

From another old retired fart.
POPS

It looks like you're enjoying the process. I encourage you to not lose sight of that. There's no hurry.

"Finished" just means you're ready to start another.

Corpo, you are catching up with me hardcore. I haven't made it much further. Wrapping up the floors and need some finish welding in he frame. Hopefully this summer. Yours is looking great. Kane this Summer we will catch up. I am meeting Jeremy or 70fastback this week to drop off some wishbones he was wanting.

Very impressive!!! You are obviously very talented and don't just see
A piece of metal when looking at you build.

Not everyone has the ability to see something in their mind and then
Build it.

My hats off to you!

From another old retired fart.
POPS

Thank you!

It looks like you're enjoying the process. I encourage you to not lose sight of that. There's no hurry.

"Finished" just means you're ready to start another.

Its true, but im ready for this one to be on the road so I can start tinkering on something new...

Hey corpo, I gotta say that one piece at a time is the way to go. saw this on the other site. looks great!

Thanks, your roadster is awesome, I saw they screwed up all your links over there...

Indeed, anything new?
Yes!

Corpo, you are catching up with me hardcore. I haven't made it much further. Wrapping up the floors and need some finish welding in he frame. Hopefully this summer. Yours is looking great. Kane this Summer we will catch up. I am meeting Jeremy or 70fastback this week to drop off some wishbones he was wanting.

Yeah this year for sure, I know I have been saying that for about 3 years now, but this time I am serious.. Jeremy is getting quite a stash of nice projects lined up...

Updates... Its going back together...
9ED0B3FF-B969-4083-A15A-DBDE4A169A56-1796-0000048DF5FA4636.jpg

Many thanks to my dad who spent way to much time prepping painting, smoothing, painting.. sanding.. painting.. etc... I did convince him to only focus on the areas that will be visiable.. being that most of the frame wont be seen once assembled, but here you can see how smooth he got the front rails... he was able to hide the majority of the 76 years of abuse

B123DFF6-CEBF-4640-A8E0-ACA707F21F7F-1796-0000048DFA4A0DFB.jpg

rear end assembled and back in.. still have to reinstall the brakes..
92CD3A64-01A0-43E4-B6C7-BC36BA9A45AE-1796-0000048DFEC213C6.jpg

Floor/inside of cab ready to go...
CD1D7111-B19B-4628-ADD0-E974F295A1F7-1796-0000048E05BF718C.jpg

Lookin' real fine CORPO !![cl[cl When I get to this stage in a build, I just don't want to come in from the garage unless it's a life threatening (wife threatening ??) situation....:D

Latest posts

Back