My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get them made until I have the truck at ride height....

When I bought the project from my buddy he had already had that shaft made. One would have thought that he would have measured that shaft to allow for movement. Not so that it would have to have a solid suspension.

Don't want to jump into this conversation without

going back a few posts.....wow, was I confused.....(doesn't take too much) lol

I like the way the grille goes with the truck, this truck looks great. Nice to see you got the driveshaft figured out.

Went back after it yesterday. Didn't get a whole lot done before I had to head to work. Got the old seal out of the trans. Doesn't look like the end of the trans was hurt just took off part of the seal. Called a few places about getting the drive shaft cut but most of what I have heard so far I would be almost cheaper to just get a new shaft.

Measured up the front to get new rims ordered. Going to go with a narrower wheel and less back space. It should really change up the front look as well as give me a little more steering. Plus I am going to get a wheel that matches the back and put on my center caps!

Measured up the front so I can build a skid plate to shield my valves from road kill. And had a second to throw something on the side of the valve cover that I picked up at Autorama!!! Thanks to the guys at SpeedCult!

IMG_20130314_120904_417_zpsc533ff16.jpg

Glad nothing was hurt in the tranny, sometime ya get lucky.
Unless you're friends with the drive shaft companies, they make their money building new shafts and they don't want to modify a used ones.

So its a TURD? heh heh ok then!

Its a 250 I6 with a single barrel carb!!! Of course its a turd!!

Glad nothing was hurt in the tranny, sometime ya get lucky.
Unless you're friends with the drive shaft companies, they make their money building new shafts and they don't want to modify a used ones.

Yeah it was only driven for maybe a mile or so with that shaft. I know they are in it to make money but dang!!!! Sometimes you just wanna catch a break!!

Well after a small issue, I now have the new drive shaft. I pounded in the new rear seal yesterday, adjusted the trans linkage, installed new U-Joints (that was the small issue) and put the new drive shaft in!!! One thing checked off the list.

It fits well, but I do think that I am going to build and install a drive shaft loop. It should never be an issue, but you never know. A couple of my friends have me talked in to doing that.

Started dumping fluid back in it. I need to start her up so I can see how much more she needs. Not sure I want to do that with her sitting on her stilts.

Went and looked at her again yesterday. Fired her up for the first time this year, let her run and topped off the tranny fluid after the shaft change. Got a couple more things to do while she is up in the air. Going to build a drive shaft loop and install that hopefully put her back on the ground Tuesday.

Never a bad idea to have the safety loop on there, seen too many that should have had one and didn’t.

Sounds like you’ll be hitting the streets in no time.

New skid plate for the bag valves installed, other than that not much done. Measured a little more for my driveshaft loop. She is still in the sky for now, I want to do a little more with my wiring and crap before I sit her down.

Latest posts

Back