1932 Chevy Sedan building the rat cage.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

view out the front windshield like it was going down the road and a straight on shot from the front.

what is the height of the windshield opening:confused:

thanks.

Later :cool:

I'll have you pics in a couple days when I get the supports out so I can fit in it. But here is some hights. Windshield center is 7 3/4" to 8 1/4" on sides, this car originally had a fixed glass windshield and will be getting a glue in so there is no frame to choke down the opening. All the side glass is about 8" and the back window is 7 1/2". BTW I know when I posted this in my welding thread I said it was going to get a 4" chop but the owner wanted more, we but the brakes on at 6".

yop notch work!

I love the old chevy bodies.. they have very nice lines.. but they sure are alot more work

Thanks guys

Holy smokes I feel like I have a lot to live up to now.

Well today was a one step forward 3 steps back. Usually I don't mess with factory seams if the lead is not cracked but that proved disastrous today. Was doing some fine tuning around the windshield And I just didn't like the look, it was only off a bit but to me it didn't look right. So I grabbed some straps and started some tweaking, everything was moving well and things started to line up the way I wanted. Then snap one of the factory seams gave way (cold weld). But on the upside once I fix things the pillars will set the way I want them to.

On another note. Yep I like these chevys to but what a pain. Had a chance to pick up the two pictured a couple year ago for $800 (yep I'm stupid) I pasted because of no doors (did I say I was stupid already).

Attachments

• 1931chevysedan002.jpg
    1931chevysedan002.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 1931chevysedan005.jpg
    1931chevysedan005.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 57
Yup you're stupid.
Hahah

Mine is a touch different here and there, I just put it up to that's how it came, or it was cause t got bent in half. No body but you will see it, but I know what your going through I've been know to cut some stuff apart once or twice.... Haha

I got the pillar problem cleaned up, still need to do some more welding. I needed a break from the chop so did some caddy led bullet frenching today.

Attachments

• IMG_20130617_151446.jpg
    IMG_20130617_151446.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20130617_200859.jpg
    IMG_20130617_200859.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20130617_200833.jpg
    IMG_20130617_200833.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20130617_200843.jpg
    IMG_20130617_200843.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20130617_211229.jpg
    IMG_20130617_211229.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20130617_211044.jpg
    IMG_20130617_211044.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20130617_170909.jpg
    IMG_20130617_170909.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 79
I thought I was in love...up until the tail lights. In my opinion, they take away from the killer job you did on the chop.

I disagree..... but that is what is great about america!! Everyone can have their own opinion until the government gives them one!

Like the taillights dude!

agree

I thought I was in love...up until the tail lights. In my opinion, they take away from the killer job you did on the chop.

l agree, they don't fit the theme it seemed you looked like you were going for.[S

the lights should be flowing with the cars lines, not fighting them, they detract from all the other cool work and just don't "flow" with the car lines.

l had a thought, maybe take the "bullet" style light lenses out and replace it with a piece of red plexi-glass or clear plexi-glass and red bulbs so the lens flows and has a roll around the curve of the body and the lens fit flush or almost flush and that would not take away from the other work and look better.

just my opinion for what it's worth. still like the chop and all of the other stuff,

Later :confused:

Last edited:
I knew that would ruffle feathers.

We have to remember I'm doing this car for someone else, and he loves it. Trust me on this, as this progresses some are going to love it others are going to hate it. My job on this is the workmanship, I'm leaving the style to the owner.

Believe me, when working on someone elses stuff it is hard not to go my way sometimes. I'm still a craiger with meats kind of guy but that is what I grew up with and will always like. We had 20's on the farm trucks (I guess I was cool 30 years before my time) never thought they would be the in thing, but look at the way things are today.

I'm in this one for some coin and to make my mark around here locally as a guy that can make a pile of $crap into a bad street rod. I love working on these old rides and hope down the road more people believe in my skills and want work done. This has been a fun rail to ride and I would like to see it to the end.

Latest posts

Back