1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some work done today. Not much but it's a step forward. I took the tank and checked to see how it'll fit and it'll fit perfectly, at least until I get a few of te body panels in. I took the torch to the bed sides From the truck and cut one of the wheel wells out and got it trimmed and welded into place. I think it looks good. Sorry for the bad pictures. Lights keep blowing out on me.

Gotta exchange my cylinders tomorrow but after that I should be able to cut out the other wheel well and portions of the bed floor for the rear. Until then, later.

One of the many advantages to not living in BFE is the ability to go pick up stuff you need when you need it. Unfortunately I live in BFE lol. Anyhow, I'm going to be taking a little hiatus and go visit my folks back in CA. Maybe I'll get lucky and bring warmer weather back with me. On a side note, after I get back I'm going to be pucking up this little gem. Needs a bit of work but should be fairly easy to make into the shop truck. 1970 c-10 2wd longbox with a 350/350 combo. Trading it for my 74 VW bus. For me, that's a good trade.

Sounds like a good trade. One of my buddies has a 71 with the same 350/350 combo and it's a fun truck to cruise around in. Yours has a ton less rust than his but that's good old New England for ya.

-Chris

So, I got back from vacation last night and while I was down in CA I picked some stuff up for the project. Got my 5/8 heim joints for the steering and some different seats along with an air horn set up. But the best score is gonna wait until 2015 when I can go back. It's a 1930s dodge truck and the only things it's missing is the window frame and the seat. Here's some eye candy for y'all. It's all at my old employer's shop. Oh yeah, and they're all for sale along with the yard!!!!

Hi Endicott,
I would trade you an orange '72 Dart for that '56 Crown Victoria. Whoa, Road Trip!!!!

Attachments

• Dec 2012 026.jpg
    Dec 2012 026.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 14
But the best score is gonna wait until 2015 when I can go back. It's a 1930s dodge truck and the only things it's missing is the window frame and the seat.

DD3268B2-8C1D-4293-BE6C-FD4DFB5A04A0_zpsxrm811dj.jpg

78009E31-FC33-4DCC-9C86-1A19595076E8_zpsntd61h05.jpg

Cool finds! Just for assistance with identification, I'm not sure exactly what year that is, but it's not 30's. Dodge used that body from 39-47, but 39's had the Dodge emblems on the nose instead of on the hood, so yours is a 40-47, maybe someone else knows their Dodge's better than me and can narrow it down further.

That Valiant wagon with the pro-stars looks awesome!

I see a VW single cab truck worth some bucks, a MGB and a Triump Spitfire, a Ranchero, a couple more VW busses, the Crown Vic and the Valiant wagon. All look like nice builders. Too bad they're in Cali.

Yeah Bama, my old boss is a VW mechanic and parts dealer. He has 5 acres of VWs some other European cars and a whole mess of pre 74 cars and trucks. That's where I was learning how to restore cars and build hotrods. He keeps asking when I'm gonna buy him out and take over the business.

Anyhow, enough of my finds. Time to get back to work on te 33. Everything else can wait for now. I started working on the rear section. Coming together nicely but I gotta figure out the transition. I'm thinking of making a cut out to house a cooler for when I go to shows. Anyhow, here's a few pictures.

Been making a little bit of progress here and there. Weather seams like its finally warming up, YES!!!! Anyhow, getting most of the inside done up. Did a bit of dumpster diving in the scrap metal bin that my buddy has and pulled some old furnace covers for the interior sheet metal. It's really thin stuff like 20ga or so but seeing as its not structural it's working perfectly. Just gotta grind down a lot if the spot welds tomorrow so I can finish up the drivers side and then I'll move onto the passenger side on Thursday. I'm also replacing a bit of the galvanized junk with the 20ga so I can actually weld it in. It's coming together slowly but it's coming together. Now I have another project that I was not anticipating, my buddy picked up an 85 f-150 and wants to hot rod it a bit so I'm helping him pull the engine...these d@mn3d!!! Fords will be the death of me. I'll post some pictures of the inside of the rat tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back