1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately for me, I can never get vids to load on this "piece-o-crappo" land line machine I have. I just know that it sounds sweet...
Bet you get the slight taste of asphalt every time you fire it up!

Hey Hey Hey it's Fat Albert [ddd
Feelin pretty good today. I started installing the wire harness today and I'm about 3/4 way done already :D
I'm with Tripper on this harness. This will be the last time I use an EZ, I'm going to use a Rebel from now on because of the lettering issue.

Attachments

• 261.jpg
    261.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 68
  • 262.jpg
    262.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 263.jpg
    263.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Just wanted to post these pics of a good friend of mine.
This is the small speed shop owner that most of the racers around here buy from.
Jess was inducted into the Southwest Missouri Drag Racers Association Hall of Fame last weekend, as the first member[cl
I'm honored to have him call me his friend :D :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20150304_171910743.jpg
    IMG_20150304_171910743.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20150304_172534211.jpg
    IMG_20150304_172534211.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 46
Well, a bit of bad news today.
I fired the engine to hear it run again, after less than two minutes it just quit. After diagnosing the problem it seems the Mallory E Spark has decided to quit working.
I'll be going to a magnetic trigger and Mallory will never be used in one of my builds again.
I know the loss of my business doesn't concern them in the least. I just wanted to post this here so non of you have to go through this too.
The kit is not an easy install either. The design lends itself to a difficulty factor of around an 8 on the proverbial scale.
Water under the bridge and tomorrow will be a better day.

I went to my buddies speed shop and bought a Petronix magnetic trigger to replace the Mallory trigger. Bang, fired right up [cl :cool:
Very simple to install, 10 to 15 minutes tops :D
pnx-14820_ml.jpg

OK, after the maiden voyage, the ole girl has the dreaded death wobble.
My caster is 7.3 degrees. Toe is 1/8" in.
This is the first front end that I've ever had like this so, any and all advice will be appreciated :cool:

OK, after the maiden voyage, the ole girl has the dreaded death wobble.
My caster is 7.3 degrees. Toe is 1/8" in.
This is the first front end that I've ever had like this so, any and all advice will be appreciated :cool:

The dreaded death wobble can be caused by many things on a solid axle front end. From unbalanced tires to worn parts to improperly installed front cross member. But seeing the kind of builder you are OI it is most likely something simple like tire balance.
As l recall specs seem to allow for 4.5 to 7 degrees on the caster. So you are outside those specs.
Toe in is anywhere between 1/16 - 1/8 so you are right at the outside limit for that. Although I have read of people going to as much as 1/4 inch toe in to get rid of the wobble.
Hope that helps. The ride looks great.
Torchie.

Last edited:
Are the drag link and tie rod parallel and level to the ground? Running a pan hard or watts linkage to keep the front end from pushing to the side? Might try backing off the caster a touch to about 5*. Too much caster will make it wobble like a grocery cart wheel sometimes.

OI I'm running mine about the same as yours but I have no input yet. I'm still fartin around on my driveway and haven't got it up to speed yet to check. At 7 degrees caster and 1/8" toe here too.

Latest posts

Back