1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all OI, congratulations, for getting the virgin voyage in and only having one piddly little complaint. Well done.

Second, I think the coolness of your front wheels could be exaggerating the affect of the large caster angle. I really like your old style, all matching wheels, but the front ones look like they have a nice dish to them. An imaginary line down through the middle of your front tires should intersect the imaginary line through your kingpin, at dirt level, and I think yours will cross below ground a few inches. I think this will make each tire want to pull to the outside.
If lessening the toe in doesn't work, try making it more. Could you lessen your caster?
Good luck.

Thanks for all the responses.
I'll check the kingpin line to see where it's at.
I can lessen the caster and will do that today as several others have suggested that too.
I've already ran the toe from 1/8" to 1/2" the more toe in the worse it seems. I will set it at 1/16"

The car is looking fantastic, OI. Looks like all small issues are going to be dealt with in short order, thanks to all the great help around here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this place! I learn something new every time I open the page. [cl

Thanks Guys. Hopefully my next project will be flawless. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
While I disagree with it, numerous people have claimed that a bit of toe out has helped. It''s not hard to change and give it a try.

Set the caster at 5 degrees and at about 40 mph It will do the jig maybe.
I may be chasing a ghost here as the tires are really old.
I'll get some new tires put on the new wheels and start again.
bobw, we used to set the toe on our race cars to 1/8" so that makes sense.
I checked the tire patch and it's almost in the center of the tire. About 1 1/2" inboard.
Stay tune for the next episode :)

Cut the driver side dash panel out today and performed my first ever machine turning attempt :)
I use a 1 1/4" scotch brite disc

attachment.php

Attachments

• 264.jpg
    264.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 123
Ordered new tires yesterday. They will be in Thursday or Friday.
Nitto NT555
235/45R17 front 25.32 tall
265/50R18 rear 28.43 tall
This is the tread design
nitto_nt555.jpg

The glass man showed up today and installed the windshield.
I had him put the smoked glass in.
The first pic is where I cleaned all the old paint and surface rust off the window area then, epoxy primed and painted with semi gloss black.

Attachments

• 265.jpg
    265.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 266.jpg
    266.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 267.jpg
    267.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 268.jpg
    268.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 89
Looks Great!!

That's one clean window, if not for your reflection wouldn't know there was glass there and unlike mine not cracks. [cl
Good Job

Latest posts

Back