1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smallfoot... U beat me to it... I didn't finish posting yet .. Thanks though

Thanks guys....it's getting close now... Still a few more things to work out...

I need to find myself some cool looking headlight lenses... I bought a set of xenon conversions with the turn signals built in... And they don't fit right... So I am modifying them.... They Have just a blank clear lens's... I want to find some that look more vintage kinda like the old T3 sealed beams or something along those lines...

I also have some brake issues to sort out...

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what you do with the Xenon headlights. The Halogen 7" on the '53 Chevy are really dim. Been thinking about doing LED's or something else.

I don't know if that helped Corpo, but I liked it. I have halogens straight out of the box on the '53 - no one has ever said anything about the lenses not being correct. But they really aren't all that bright - rather dim actually.

I have been curious about the aftermarket HID's but never parted with the $$ required to get some. I saw there are LED T3 bulbs - very pricey, though.

Thanks 8liter... That's basically exactly what I am doing... Still in the process of cutting the lenses off...

Didn't know others were crazy like me to try theses sort of mods

I have halogens straight out of the box on the '53 - no one has ever said anything about the lenses not being correct. But they really aren't all that bright - rather dim actually.

Are they the 7" conversion lamps with H4 bulbs? Humm...I bought the same ones for the 50 GMC...I'll have to see if they are dim as well...

They are a sealed beam with halogen instead of incandescent. They draw more power than the originals. I didn't use relays - most likely relays would improve them a lot. But from what I can tell some of the newer bulbs draw less power and give more light.

Last edited:
I had a '94 GMC, 1-ton, dualie, 4x4, diesel, etc, etc, that was a high option vehicle, and probably expensive when it was new. The headlights on it were terrible. I found out that there are aftermarket kits that run the wiring more directly to the battery, to get full voltage and brightness.
Evidently, GM ran the headlight wires through a gauntlet before getting them to the lights. The voltage drop was enough to make the lights dim. I'm gonna do what I can to get full battery voltage to the headlights for everything I build now.

The wife and I are headed to see my sister in Chicago on 3/5 - 3/8. The show we were to catch got cancelled so it is just a visit now. They live in the corn cob buildings downtown. To bad your truck is outside the city. Be neat to check it out.

The wife and I are headed to see my sister in Chicago on 3/5 - 3/8. The show we were to catch got cancelled so it is just a visit now. They live in the corn cob buildings downtown. To bad your truck is outside the city. Be neat to check it out.

Yeah it is about an hour west of downtown... Next time you head to chicago it will be down here, I'm looking into buying a industrial space with a friend of mine so hopefully that will pan out...

Small update....

I broke out my Bridgeport to machine this billet piece .. (My angle grinder and drill) haha

Latest posts

Back