1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks small foot...!

So... I wanted to run the original guages... Ordered a proper restoration speedo cable... Wasn't sure if it would mate with the trans... But it did! But it didn't fit to the back of the guage .... [S

Also wanted to run the temp sensor, and of course it wouldn't reach any of the ports on the engine so I made this loop .. Between two ports... I am making the assumption I will get flow across it...

Changed these screws out to brass ones...

Made and installed these dovetail plates.. Had to weld a plate to the door so I could tap and mount them. Still needs to be finish welded...

Seat beats are next on the agenda...

Thanks for staying tuned in..

Thanks guys!!

Yeah and brass screws!

More brass screws you say??. Got all the door trim back on,rather than go with sheet metal screws... I opened up all the holes and tapped them.. Much nicer the holes were pretty warn and the sheet metal screws weren't biting too well

I think there was 23 per door...

Working on the Crate today i started making some scabby tabs to hold the windshield frame in. Then i thought WWCD ? (what would Corpo do), so i proceeded to make some much better looking tabs. :D ........took a lot more time.....
Its a slippery slope, my friends. Brass screws, pretty windshield retainer tabs... What next? Shiny paint??? :eek:

All kidding aside, I do love Corpo's detail work. [cl

Thanks everyone.. its getting dangerously close to coming off the jack stands and seeing the light of day!

Working on the Crate today i started making some scabby tabs to hold the windshield frame in. Then i thought WWCD ? (what would Corpo do), so i proceeded to make some much better looking tabs. :D ........took a lot more time.....

haha.. funny stuff .. glad I had a positive impact on your build

More details coming together...

Using the original door latches so I went and made these slide locks to insure the door isn't going to come open when cruising... More brass .. You bet!

Pictures came out kinda crappy sorry about that

Started to look at my seat belt mounts... Once I do the lower seat belt points (hopefully next sat) it's coming off the stands

Stay tuned

Thanks guys..

Dads been hard at work fitting the rear glass. The pot metal frame was broken through when I bought the truck so he took extra care pulling it in slowly to not break the repair.... The glass was also somehow larger than the template we had made, so it took him some time to sand it down to fit..

I think it looks great, really makes it appear more finished... Thanks dad!

Latest posts

Back