1936 chevy low cab build 1.5T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! I think all and all it was a good first ride even if it was a short one I had a blast!

I definitely need to figure out why my starter isn't kicking off... I'm thinking it's my ignition switch...maybe it just needs a clean and lubrication...

My electric fan kicked on and off as it should... Got a good reading on my temp guage...

I didn't get too crazy and play with the air suspension yet... I had back filled the tank before we pushed it out of the garage... So still need to test that system..

Brakes need to be bled a bunch... I also need to hook up a brake light switch..
My old glass fuel filter did not seal... So I had to bypas it for now...

Need to put the side mirrors on... There was a big truck parked on the street and I honestly had no idea where my rear end was... It cornered flatter than I expected when I turned around in the cultasac (but I wasn't going all that fast)

As I headed back toward the house I got water on the windshield... Lost a hose clamp on the upper radiator hose... Minor problems all and all

I'm going to have to start thinking about forking over the cash for the new rear tires... And getting plates an insurance

Woo woo! She's a runner!

Big thanks to my dad for all his help, mom too she was the one running around taking all the photos...there's like 50 of them and it was out of the garage for like 10 min...

Last edited:
Corpo, if your dad pulled the solenoid wire and the starter quit turning, he eliminated the starter as the problem. It would be wiring or switch...

First rides are the best. Gremlins are normal, at least for me.

It is rare that anyone can stick with a project and keep the same theme for so long. Great job - great result.

Corpo, that dually is sweet man! Thanks for pointing it out to me. I really like what you've done sir. Wish you were closer so you could teach me the ways Obi Wan

Thanks guys...

The good:
Got the ignition switch sorted out... I had two of the wires reversed... All good now... Got the on board compressors working as well 200 psi builds pretty quick

The bad:
The brakes still aren't working that great...and then my power steering pump(for the hydrobooster) decided it didn't want to play and started shooting out all the fluid around the shaft of the pulley...

Need to get the rear tires soon... The old rears are very lumpy at speed

Chipping away...

Couple of short video clips

Last edited:
Air makes more noise than the exhaust.....

Yeah... The compressors aren't all that loud, but the microphone definitely picked them up very well. However the rush of air when I air out is quite loud ... I may put something on the valves to slow the air... We will see I was just playing around.. Like a kid in a candy shop... Lol

I didn't mention the fact that I ran out of gas again... Went up the block and I aired out the rear shifting the little bit of gas I had in the tank... Oops

So then we put a good 3-4 gallons in the tank so I wouldn't do that again... But we ended up siphoning that back out as we are getting a small weep from the drivers side of the tank... Dads already on repairing that!

CORPO, is the exhaust port of your air valve a threaded hole, if so, you could screw a barbed nipple in there and put a hose on the nipple that's long enough to run a way back to the outside. This would take the air noise a way from you. We do this in the big trucks.

CORPO, is the exhaust port of your air valve a threaded hole, if so, you could screw a barbed nipple in there and put a hose on the nipple that's long enough to run a way back to the outside. This would take the air noise a way from you. We do this in the big trucks.

Or....they make assorted size mufflers you could just screw in.....

Or....they make assorted size mufflers you could just screw in.....

Yes and yes.. thanks for the ideas guys.. Its just low on the list of things to do... first priority is get my brakes working right..

....well as you see it hasnt stopped me from driving it.. just think it may be wise.. lol

Good to see you got her on the road. I've been watching your build for awhile now. Initially when I started following I spent a few days getting caught up and then it was kind of a nail biting experience waiting for what was coming next. In the back of my mind I was kinda thinking it can't be much longer till its on the road now, and as I checked in kept seeing the little odds and ends being done thinking how can he not be driving this thing yet.(who needs brakes, let's go already) lol However now from personal experience I fully understand why all the attention to detail. Good things take time and you certainly have an awesome looking,sounding and now functioning ride. Well done. Also very inspiring. Thank you for that and enjoy the heck out of that truck.:)

Congrats on getting on the road [cl Looking Killer !!

Re: the noisy air exhaust -
For a while I put a pipe nipple in the exhaust port on the valve block on my Hennway and tied on a piece of an old bike inner tube so every time I let out air it would fart - for some reason my wife overruled that trick after one weekend....:(

Latest posts

Back