1947 chevy 3100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drove the 47 around the block yesterday, i was so happy. it's been garage bound for too long! it still needs some tweaking, and tuning, and a windshield, but still oh so happy.[cl will post a video of it mobile soon.

good feelin'

ain't that a good feelin' to have it move under it's own power.

l like those big tires on all 4 corners, give it a dirt modified/race car look.

get a windshield in and go for long cruise:D

Later:cool:

it's official.

we were able to get the rat rod titled today. had to take it to a motor vehicle investigater. he said it had enough of the truck to call it a 1947 chevy. quite a load off my mind. i'm glad idaho is so rodder friendly. i'll post a video of it motavating soon.

windshield

cut my first windshield today. all the posts i found about it said it was fairly easy. and a glass shop could do it kind of cheap. like the rest of the p.u., we decided to try it ourselves. so we got a used windshield, and a new rubber, and i cut it, and then dressed the edges with a 60 grit flapwheel. then i roped it all together, and it installed like a champ. i'm pretty happy how it turned out. i will take some updated photos tomorrow.

update.

well, here are some pictures of the windshield i cut, and our sparse interior.

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 44
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 62
windows

well, bought some polycarbonate sheeting today, to make the back windows. seem's like the cheapest alternative to glass, stronger than plexi, lexan, and even glass. we cut it with a jigsaw, cut's like buttah. took about 3.5 hours to cut the back window, and the two corner windows, and install the back window. now we just need to heat & bend, and install the corner one's. i'll let you all know how that go's, just as soon as it's done. then we will do door panel insert's, headliner, and tie up some loose ends, and call it done!

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 18
corner windows

was planning on using thicker polycarbonate for the corner windows, but without an oven, we weren't able to get them hot enough to flow into a mold, so we just used some thinner poly, and screwed them in, then we can just glue some rubber molding around them.

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 39
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32
here are a few more pictures.

Attachments

• 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 29
  • 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 78.jpg
    78.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 69.jpg
    69.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 73.jpg
    73.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 31
corner windows

didn't like the screw in idea, and the local glass guy said he could do it right,so had him put in corner windows the other day. new rubber and poly cost $35, and the glass guy charged $100 to install them. not too awful spendy. i just hope they stay in.

Attachments

• 79.jpg
    79.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22
Much better. I was a skeptic about making a fenderless AD truck look good. But you and a couple others here on RRR have changed my mind. Nice job.

i have seen a few fenderless AD trucks, most dont look very good.... but that one is by far the coolest looking one i ever seen!!!! nice job!!!

Latest posts

Back