1948 Chevrolet A/D 3600 5 Window rat rod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya'll bring up a good point, how close is the S-10 to this frame? Will a front end off one fit? Guess I gotta take some measurements and take a trip to the pick n pull.
What are some things to consider when doing a front end swap? What to measure and what not

S-10 clip?
Only thing I planned to use was pretty much what you listed. That's my idea, should keep things pretty straight forward

You started off asking about putting an S-10 front on your frame, I just wanted to make sure you knew the drawbacks of that.

I want to press home Snopro's point about getting the whole donor truck. I also used the whole frame in my build, and robbed lots of little things off the donor for my truck; most of what Snopro said, some gauges, the glove box flipped frontwards and covered the windshield wiper motor, gas tank and sender, and fuse box. Oh and I almost forgot, seatbelts, and gastank filler spout. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a T-5 transmission.
Keep on tinkering.

Update:

Tried removing the cab, wouldn't work, so I brought the grinder out. Tried grinding bolts down, but burned my grinder out. Oh well, needed a new one. Gotta wait till pay day thou
So truck is still not disassembled -__-

Still playing the waiting game to find an s10 chassis cheap and complete [P

Did jump ahead thou, found an Oldsmobile 455 cheap, so I bought it. Frustrated from my lack of progress on the truck, I've taken it out on the motor.
It's disassembled and everything's soaking to get clean. Gotta clean it for the Chevy Orange that's about to hit it!

Finished some projects round the house, so I'm back on the rat rod

I painted the exterior, now I've started the sub frame on the floor. Pics of the floor will come soon

Attachments

• 10474672_699627336770280_3807896244409481903_n.jpg
    10474672_699627336770280_3807896244409481903_n.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back