1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmmmmmmm :cool:
Got my Torchie fix no matter how small it might have been [ddd

Here's another little "Taste" for you Old Iron.:cool::cool:

Getting ready to mark off the F-hood for cutting.
Put it up on horse's so I wouldn't have to get my Fat *** up off the cold cement floor. It's suprisingly heavy.:eek::eek:

Grind,grind,grind!

Here is a shot of the hinge mount and brace that needs to be used for the mating process[ddd[ddd[ddd

Off to town as I need to get some masking tape. Can't beleive that I am out.
More later.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 39
While I-R-POPS was napping...

...this is todays progress.
1st Pic. Marked .Taped and ready to cut.
2nd Pic. This ridge will have to go.
3rd Pic. My "Art" shot. ;)
4th Pic Too late to turn back now.
5th Pic. This is part that we will need.

If you look close at the first pic you can see the marked line going right across the hood.
I choose to cut a forked pattern out of it instead. Since this piece will be bearing the stess of the hood hinge mounts I may want some extra metal to extend out to help support the 41 hood.
If I don't need it I can always cut it off.:D
Maybe tomorrow I will start on getting the 41 hood ready to join the two parts together. No promises as oldest daughter flys in fron Tiawan tonight.:):)
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 38

Attachments

• IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3020.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 23
WOW Torchie, look at you go. I wish I could push myself towards fame and fortune, as successfully as I can push you. Your pictures prove that a lot of Imagineering has already happened. This is exciting.
Keep on Tinkering, Torchie.

Thanks for the strokes, guy's:D
Most likely there wil be nothing new till Sunday. Daughter was supposed to arrive last night but flight got cancelled in Chi-town. Wasn't due to weather. Apparently the crew had reached their daily flight hours limit. So she will arrive this afternoon instead.
More to come....
Torchie.

Todays hood progress. I think...

Made it out to the garage tonight.
1st Pic and 2 shows the raised area on the F hood. Ran a cut off wheel thru it. A little hammer and dolly work and some tacks. Now it's flat.

3rd pic shows the 41 hood brace that has to come out

4th Pic. Brace gone

5th Pic shows the F hood portion with it's brace and hinges sitting in side the 41 hood.

Most likely nothing tomorrow as I go for my eye injections.:eek::eek:
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 36
Just a quick post....

before I head off to the eye DRs.

1st Pic show the difference in the width of the F hood Vs the 41 hood. F is narrower so the 41 hood will need some pie cuts to bring in the sides.

2nd Pic show the remnants of the F hood attached to the cab as Ford built it.

3rd Pic shows the 41 Hood slid over the F hood and how much of F hood will show.
So this is where it is right now with the hood combination. It's getting there but still lots of tinkering to do.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 50
Will the pie cuts have to go all the way to the nose? [P

Don't know yet for sure Old Iron as I don't want to change the nose width too much as that's where it actually fits right now. But I am seeing a long cut none the less.[;)[;)[;)

Hope the eye DR went ok, looks like that hood graft ended up a lot more complex than I originally envisioned, still tuned in for more [P[P

What makes it complex DR is adding the F hood support and hinge system to the 41 hood to make it a functioning hood. If I just went with a lift off style things would be somewhat easier. But even with a lift off I would still have to add on to the 41 hood as well as pie cutting it to bring the sides in to the cab cowl. And truthfully I am going into uncharted territory for me. Done chops before as well as channeling. Even used parts from different years on other cars, such as grills,trim, bumpers. Usual custom stuff.
Never attempted a full clip from one year car to cab from another year truck type stuff. When I come in from the shop my wife asks me how it's going to which I reply, "Well I'm either a genuis or an idiot". I won't won't tell what her response is.;);)

Eyes are good but will be blurry for a while. Thanks for asking.:)
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back