1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the positive comments gang.
It means a lot coming from other builders whose expertise and workmanship
I admire.:)
Next step will be a mock up of the running boards. I am using the F truck ones as that is what I have. Most of the reworking on these will center around where the front end of the board mounts to the back of the 41 front fender.
I know some reshaping will be in order.
Temps here are dropping into the single digits again for the next few days so that may delay any further progress.:(
Thanks for looking in.
Torchie.

Too cold to work in the shop...

...so I talked my daughter into a little computer magic.
Wide whites.Running boards. 50 Olds wheel covers and twin Appleton spotlights. Nice shiney grills.
Color version to follow.
Thanks for looking in.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 46
  • Car2.jpg
    Car2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 49
Now we're talking! I really like the look you've accomplished.
I'm not one for wide whites but that doesn't mean a dang thing.
Keep it up.

Now we're talking! I really like the look you've accomplished.
I'm not one for wide whites but that doesn't mean a dang thing.
Keep it up.

The"look" that I'm shooting for is a late 40's early 50's style custom I-R-POPS so wide white's are kind of mandatory.:)

Hey it looks like it has rear steer in that picture. seriously it's looking good.

It does have rear steer. Didn't I mention that.;);)
You really can't see the rear tire in the original pic so my daughter just stuck one in there.:)

So here's a colorised version.
Ivory body with Gold Metalic fenders. Sort of like the outboards that I restored and showed pics of earlier in this thread.
Of course the color pick changes about every other day.[S[S.
Plus still thinking about using 49 Plymouth bumpers.
All has yet to be revealed........:D
Torchie.

Attachments

• Fullrender2.jpg
    Fullrender2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 116
Torchie, if only you had a favorite colour like me, BLACK. Boy, put satin black where you don't have any colour[white areas], body, box and hood, and leave the satin gold fenders. You'd have a tiger by the tail.:cool::cool:
Great looking truck.[cl

Thanks for the comments gang...

Nothing is set in stone as far as the paint job goes as it is a ways off from being ready.[S[S
I am some what conflicted about doing a tutone versus a solid color. My supposed time frame for this style of custom would have been around 1948- 1951-52. Most customs at that time went with a solid color. Sometimes a stock metallic like a Chrysler dark green.
But then in 1953 the Barris Bros did the iconic Hirahata Merc that was one of the first customs to sport a tutone paint job. By the mid 50's they were fairly common.
The color combo that I picked is based on the 1957 Johnson Javelin outboards that I restored this past summer.
The pic shows one of the Johnson hoods. I really dig this color combo.
Maybe I should switch it and put the Gold on the body and the off white on the fenders.
I will see if I can get my daughter to render a version like that.
Thanks for checking in.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 16
One last rendering....

1st pic Off white body with gold matallic fenders.
2nd pic Colors reversed.

Attachments

• Fullrender2.jpg
    Fullrender2.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 13
  • reverserender(1).jpg
    reverserender(1).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back