1968 C10 just aquired

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusanderson

hey everyone. im currently building a truck i found for 850.00 came with running and driving powerplant 327/ 350 and 12 bolt, straight frame and im happy with it only rust is on rockers and its staying rusty, not sure if its the year you all would consider a rat rod, but in the past i built a 64 gto , 62 gmc stepside, and a 55 belair 4 door, when i say built i mean flat black and home made floors, anything i can build myself i will break my back doing so, i say there is more pride in making things work and building things yourself than paying someone to do it for you, just my opinion. My name is Dustin and im 23 and a college student, thanks. by the way absolutely love this website!!!

Welcome from the Alabama coast. I have a 72 gmc that is on the back burner right now. I love that body style truck

Welcome to the site we're glad to have ya
Probably not considered a rat but, we love all kinds of projects and the 67 to 72 Chevs and GMC's are kool :cool:
We'll be watchin so build on[P

I will take pictures when I get back from wilmington, thanks all. I am building a solid running truck to pull my trailer in style, and at that time try and find a mid thirties something. Just don't know where to look. Craigslist has nothing. Seems I just need to look in the woods near farms and such

I'm from albuquerque new Mexico and will soon be back home I know exactly where everything is out there not in apex north Carolina where i live now though

Where would I find a good body mid thirties for a decent price ? Not to concerned about body work needed just want a good start .

I'm going to try and upload pics from my phone .

here are the pictures i hope you guys can see them

Attachments

• IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0129.jpg
    IMAG0129.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 7
68c10

Got one weeks ago I'm workin on, pulled the cab/bed and have the frame in the shop doin the maint on drive train/susp.Have a 010 350 engine/TH350 that came in it.Not sure the direction I'm goin yet on the body.Plan is to look stock with strong motor,garage/shop truck style.Good find dude,these trucks look like muscle(67-68) before they went to the more square front,cool trucks.Good luck bubba.....

thanks man, i thought it was a good find myself, see i dont have the... means of pulling the cab and all that no shop i do everything in my driveway, maybe i could though, i wanted to but i dont even have a tree near by that i can use as an anchor for a hoist haha, i like your idea the stock look, i was thinking of going to very ugly to some people and loud, then also a solid power train, drive anywhere haul a car trailer for my thirties cab im looking for.

Thank you. Just took the front Spindles off as well as upper and lower ball joints, looking for the disk brake front Spindles, master cylinder and hardware ect. Then ill be more focused on the motor, more importantly just need to
rebuild carb and it should run like a champ . I'll keep you guys updated.

Should I move this to another part of the forum?

Thank you. Just took the front Spindles off as well as upper and lower ball joints, looking for the disk brake front Spindles, master cylinder and hardware ect. Then ill be more focused on the motor, more importantly just need to
rebuild carb and it should run like a champ . I'll keep you guys updated.

Should I move this to another part of the forum?

I got my disk spindles rotors and calipers from the scrap yard off a 73+ for under $50.
You'll need to get 73+ ball joints too but that's it for a swap.
Oh! And the caliper hoses. NOW I think that's it :D

It really is an easy swap and totally worth doing.

Latest posts

Back