2011 Frog Follies pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2000.jpg

Primo :cool:

Holy Poo Poo!!! What a great collection of hot rods, street rods and ratties.
Thanks for all the great pics.

Great pics Flipper! Love that black and gold PU with the skull headlights and the huffed Hemi [cl Thanks for posting up the satin black Willys too..........top looks funny though [S:D
Thanks for taking the time to post these, gonna go take a look at the rest [cl

There are extra pics showing details in the photobucket link

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Flipster. So many aces can't even pick a favorite. Why do they call this the Frog Follies?

They have bull frog races!!!

From frogfollies.org

A little Frog Follies history:
Since 1975 the E'ville Iron Street Rod Club has put on a rod run for street rod owners in August. It is held at the Vanderburgh County 4-H Center in Evansville Indiana. At the first event we had 44 street rods registered. Since that time the Frog Follies has grown to an average of over 4000 street rods each year. The event became known as the Frog Follies after the club had a bull frog race at the first event. We've had entries from Alaska, Australia, Canada, and all 48 continental states over the years.

We provide fun for the whole family with games, activities, and dances during the weekend. Our womens world and automotive swap meet is one of the largest in the United States held in conjunction with the rod run. The commercial street rod vendors area has over 600 hundred spaces and the swap meet area has over 400 spaces each year. It has plenty of new parts to build your new street rod along with plenty of rusty parts and collectibles to satisfy you're your appetite for automobilia.

Our concessions are owned and operated by the club so that you can keep your expenses at an honest rate and spend your money on other things you desire. There are no six dollar burgers at the Frog Follies! We have collector Frog Follies items for sale on the grounds in addition to all the free items you get with your entry. The Frog Follies is a rod run put on by street rodders for street rodders. All of our proceeds generated by the event go to numerous charities and student scholarships which help local students get into some aspect of the automotive industry and technologies.

We the members of E'ville Iron Street Rods LTD. would like to invite you to attend this years Frog Follies as it is a great time to spend with your family and fellow street rod enthusiasts. Keep on hopping. Ribet

Nice Pics, Flipper! Wish I could go to a car show like that some time.

Mark your calandar for next year!

Show is pre-49 only. If you pre-register, it is $15 (and that includes a t-shirt). If you register at the event, it is $20 and no shirt. If you go as a spectator, it is $5 admission.

I've been going to this show for 15 years. Only had a running, driving rod the last four.

Awesome show, thanks for the pics. This one is my favorite.

IMG_2041.jpg

And thanks for posting pictures I don't have to click on to view :cool:

Thanks for taking us along Flipper! I've never got to go to FF's show, it seems something always comes up!! I'm gonna try and make it next year, make sure and keep us informed on date!!!
Thanks again for the pics!!

Thanks for the pics of thge show. [cl [cl Of the few things I REALLY miss about living in Kentucky,,,,,,,is the Follies... One of the best rod shows I've been to. Now to go see the rest of the pics. [P

SUPER coverage Flipper. Thanks! That show is on my bucket list. I think my brain will explode if I ever actually get to see it in person. I'd sure like to though. I'm originally from an area not too far away (N. Ky) and I'd like to meet up with some members from the forum at the show.

Is this the truck formerly known as the "Sea Hag"?

SUPER coverage Flipper. Thanks! That show is on my bucket list. I think my brain will explode if I ever actually get to see it in person. I'd sure like to though. I'm originally from an area not too far away (N. Ky) and I'd like to meet up with some members from the forum at the show.

Is this the truck formerly known as the "Sea Hag"?

Yes. That is the truck that Aaron Grote built.

Latest posts

Back