'31 Model A build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That red paint screams cool!!! My favorite color!! Your frame etc.. is awesome too sgo! Are those Rocket rims I saw in the pics? I really want a set for my truck.

Thunder1

Thanks guys, stuff like that is good to hear when you're getting a little burned out. Those are Torq Thrust rims, I had to have them but they weren't cheap, I want the same ones for my '51 Chev truck eventually.

I hope to get the body on in the next couple of days I just have to gather up some friends with strong backs as I have no crane.

Sean

Well got a couple of friends over today to give me a hand, we did a lot of standing around and chattin' that's for sure. Got my brake lines all bled and just had a couple of leaks that needed tightening up so I was happy there. After an hour of BSin' we decided to put the body on. Seemed a little tighter than before but it managed to fit. All this time I thought the rad was going to be too high but it seems to be perfect, dumb luck I guess. I have to do some clean up to get some better pics.

Sean

Attachments

• P1080766.JPG
    P1080766.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 62
  • P1080770.JPG
    P1080770.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 93
  • P1080768.JPG
    P1080768.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 115
I feel like I'm getting close to start up but other things like work keep getting in the way. So now I have my brake lines done and my fuel lines are done, I had to build a bracket to mount my pump and regulator. It tucks up nicely under the battery tray. Work on it is a little slower now cause it's hard to get at stuff. Last night I was working on the back end upside down in the gas tank compartment, I slid in so far I was stuck and couldn't get out. Took some yoga moves to get out:D!

Sean

Attachments

• pump tray.jpg
    pump tray.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 73
  • fuel pump.jpg
    fuel pump.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 99
It's coming together nice Sean! Thanks for the clarification on the rims. I thought Torque Thrust first but Rocket makes a model called "Fuel Grey" that look really similar. Either way, that style would be my choice too.

T-1

Thanks guys, I've been picking away at my wiring but I haven't had much time. I had to finish my dash and reassemble my steering to get the interior wiring done, I just have the light switch to go. The gauges are sure a big bundle of wires, got them done, ignition done, steering wheel done, just need a ground terminal.

Sean

Attachments

• P1180775.JPG
    P1180775.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 48
  • P1190779.JPG
    P1190779.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P2040785.JPG
    P2040785.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 53
  • P2040787.JPG
    P2040787.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 62
A little more wiring today and then I decided to get my rad mocked up with the new shell. Turned out being a little tight, only half an inch from the front pulley bolts. I made a shroud but I still have to add support rods and I think I'll put a lower brace to secure the shroud and fan.

I aslo decided I should wack my funny bone so hard on my steering wheel bolt that my arm went numb and I wanted to puke. I still can't bend it all the way.

Sean

Attachments

• rad1.jpg
    rad1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 46
  • rad2.jpg
    rad2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 52
  • rad3.jpg
    rad3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 45
Made a grill today, took about 4 hours of steady work, I should've taken some pictures of the process. I just can't buy one for $300+shipping US for one that might not fit. With exchange that's about $500 Canadian by the time I get it:eek:.

Sean

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 38
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 36
Ain't no shame it what you ended up with ....... I wouldn't have spent the $$ either - great job!!

Ratty 46

Latest posts

Back