'31 Model A build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to be embarrassed about the awesome work you are doing but I see what you are saying. Some of those really skilled fellas make me want to just take up stamp collecting sometimes. That's a sweet sedan sgo70. It's really lookin clean n mean.

Thanks Gastrick, you're too kind!

Not quite done yet, need glass, one more seat cushion, tranny vacuum line and the speedo pick-up wired but it was good enough to get on the road. I got to drive around the neighborhood just barely got it into second gear but wow that was cool. I thought the noise would bother the neighbors but everyone waved and gave me the thumbs up, I think those were thumbs. A few guys even came over to check it out.

I'm very surprised how well it handled, cornered great, very stable, and the back end was solid when I gave it gas. I'm being quite easy on it but it feels like it has a lot more to give, here's hoping.

My friend hasn't sent me the video yet but here's some outside shots with a friend of mine.

Sean

Attachments

• P4180852.JPG
    P4180852.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 70
  • P4180851.JPG
    P4180851.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P4180850.JPG
    P4180850.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 66
It sure looks nice sitting outside. It's always good to keep the neighbors on your side. I have followed your build and am impressed with your quality of work and good design ideas.

Thanks a lot, it was a lot of fun and it's hard leaving it in the garage now. Speedo's wired up, one seat done and glass getting measured up tomorrow.

Perley- if ya need another build thread to follow I gotta start on my house next month, I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew on that one:eek:.

Sean

I gotta start on my house next month, I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew on that one:eek:.

Your CDAN is awesome-great job!

As far as your house project-I'm still putting on the trim pieces around the windows and doors in my house. Three year build-from down to the studs to liveable plus added on a bedroom downstairs-we didn't live in the house while we did the "frame off" restoration. I'm so sick of woodworking junk! :eek::mad: Can't wait to start working on cars again!!:cool: Good luck!

Thanks, I imagine I'll be feeling the same way by the time I get done. We're using SIP panels and ICF blocks so I hope it will go a little quicker, but then again I've never built an entire house by myself. The whole time I'll be having my '51 chev mocking me waiting to get done!

Sean

Attachments

• P4130309.JPG
    P4130309.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 20
Wow time is flying by, I didn't realize how long it's been since I've checked in.

Today was a good day for me, after going for an inspection the first time I was told that he can no longer pass it without fenders, so back to the garage. I got some front fenders that bolt onto the spindles no problem, a bumper that bolts on to the shock mounts but the rears were a little harder.

I had to make two clamps that go onto the axle with three supports that go out from there. Kinda tough gettin' around the brake lines and such but I finally figured it out. I used some old galvinized 28g tin so it was nice and light but I can hear it bouncing around while I'm driving. Good enough to pass and it can all come off now.

My exhaust was ear shattering being right outside my window so I bought some Supertrapp disc only mufflers. They have a 3" inlet and a 5" outlet in true ricer style. It brought the noise down a bit and actually launches friggen hard off the line. Gotta be careful with the gas:D. I can fine tune them by adding or removing discs but it is by no means quiet now, just different, like a four stroke dirt bike.

Finally getting a plate tomorrow!!!!!

Thanks for the help on this one guys,
Sean

P.S.-oh yea, I went and got married and have been tearing down my house lately. That's the only reason I haven't visited:D.

Attachments

• P6030879.JPG
    P6030879.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 37
  • P6030877.JPG
    P6030877.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 48
  • P6030878.JPG
    P6030878.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 34
  • P6030881.JPG
    P6030881.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 62
Thanks guys,

I'm not sure about the fenders, I'm going to a car show tomorrow and I'm gonna ask around to see if anyone has gotten any grief running without. One of the shops told me as long as you don't drive in the rain shooting up monster roostertails you should be okay. I'm gonna try to get a vintage plate, it's a one time fee of about $60 and you never have to register it again. You're limited to 8000kms per year so it shouldn't be a problem with our long winters.

Sean

Latest posts

Back