35 International, Aberdeen!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toast

Okay, here are some pics of the truck I have been building for a couple of years. I pretty much built or rebuilt everything from scratch. 2.5 inch chop custom built frame w/ 6" kick in front and 22" in rear. Channeled about 3" ( I am 6'2" and need all the room I can get). It has a 283 w/ 6 94's and a power glide. the rest you can kinda figure out by the pics. I didn't take too many early pics, taking more now. I hope to get it running by spring but it is going kinda slow at this time.:(

I think this the earliest pic I took, kinda rolling, but have changed front suspension now.

truck4.jpg

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

Here is a little farther along, after changing to the new front end and mocking up the grill. also installed the cowl steer box and pieced up the dash.

P1010005.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010007.jpg

I changed direction on the headers and the front wheels and finished the steering.

MVC-001F-1.jpg

Also decided to drill and sleeve the frame:eek:

MVC-002F-4.jpg

then I stopped working on it to work on the new shop and it sat in the corner for several months:( But I did manage to get the four link the panhard bar and the coilovers done first.

shop10.jpg

Seat mock up!

100_09332.jpg

And shifter install

100_0935.jpg

Start shaping pieces for the interior and molding them together

MVC-009F-1.jpg

Got side tracked and a buddy came over (Who has helped out a few times) And we mocked up the bed and got it hung!

MVC-009F-4.jpg

Then I stuck this Olds grill bar under the rear, going to mount 49 Ford taillights in it soon!

MVC-008F-4.jpg

Made a lid and covered with some old barn wood and going to mount the battery and have some storage compartments under it.

MVC-003F-9.jpg

This is about where I am now. I have filled in behind the seats with sheet metal and have the tank about mounted. Hopfully more progress pics to follow.

MVC-008F-4.jpg

MVC-003F-7.jpg

Last edited:
Hey thanks guys! I am going to try to work on it today and will get some more pics added soon. I am gettin pumped to get it driving:D

Sweet ride.
Can't wait to see it on the road.

I have a real soft spot for the old binders.:D I learned to drive in my dads '73 Scout II. (Still got it too) Hope to teach my 2 daughters to drive in the same old truck. (Got about 10 yrs. to go for that one though)

-Mike-

Very Cool....

Really nice looking truck, love the rear bumper / tail light set up.
Keep those progress photos coming.. '22

Thanks Guys! I got some more work done today:) First I got the area behind the seats all sheet metaled in.

MVC-005F-8.jpg

Its hard to see because of the glare but the cab corners are 2 pieces with compound angles and curves. They were a pain to fit! All the pieces are fitted and welded together and ground smooth, very time consuming!

MVC-003F-10.jpg

Last edited:
Next I moved on to making the 49 ford taillights fit the Olds Grill Bar and installed them:D I think they turned out pretty good!

MVC-001F-9.jpg

MVC-002F-12.jpg

Last edited:
And finally I had some old leather Horse leads and I made my tank mounts. Its really coming along, hope I can keep up this pace:eek:

MVC-009F-6.jpg

MVC-008F-6.jpg

MVC-010F-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back