37 packard hot rod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This build is looking good so far & it seems to be going far real fast, too. A slammed Packard, now that's going to be sharp when done !

progress!

For some reason, your pics don't appear on my 'puter, today, rusty. But that's ok - I saw it Monday, and I'll see it again Saturday!

Great progress so far!

440shorty

i got to work on the packard today! i mocked up the body on the frame and put the motor/trans in too so i could see what this thing will look like. i'm likin what i'm seein. the wheelbase ended up at 120 inches. i thought it was going to be longer, but 120 is good. i found a paper wasp nest under the dash. it was vacant thankfully. ive decided to buy an S&W ladder bar setup for the rear suspension because i'll be drag racing this conbooberation. well heres what its looking like as of tonight.
packardbodyon3-copy.jpg

today i started mocking up the rear of the car. i decided instead of trying to repair the damaged rear of the car i cut the damaged area off and it gives it an old dirt modified look. i also put the quick change rear in place and the tires i'm going to use to see how it all looks. here it is....
packardrearmockup2-copy.jpg

Now that is different. Keep the pics coming. Can't wait to see what is next for this car.

Pratical /

Hey Rusty your my kinda man - outa the box- when i want pratical I take a ride in my 4 door pickup,when i want fun I take a ride in Ratzilla.Will we see this unique ride at the Jalopy showdown next year? Keep the pics coming .The Killbillet guys are missing a good one LFE

Last edited:
as long as i'm still alive and not incarcerated i'll be at the jalopy showdown again next year. i was there this year with my rat bike. 3 cyl yamaha 750. i saw several of the cars bel;onging to killbillet members but didnt meet any that i know of. maybe we'll get to meet this year.
yamaratfender3.jpg

Last edited:
as long as i'm still alive and not incarcerated i'll be at the jalopy showdown again next year. i was there this year with my rat bike. 3 cyl yamaha 750. i saw several of the cars bel;onging to killbillet members but didnt meet any that i know of. maybe we'll get to meet this year.
yamaratfender3.jpg
Are you going to the Jalopyrama in GlenBurnie Nov 3 I will be there with Ratzilla,hope to see you LFE

Latest posts

Back