'41 Chev panel gasser build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
badass build man, it should be a real nice driver with that LS in there too, as for the logo u have to change that "h" in h2o to n2o! lol. what all does the motor have done? ive done work to a few of them and i know they respond real well to any mods especially a cam, depending on what u get its around a 50hp increase

Start up!!!

Finally got the gas tank back, plumbed the gas line and the LS guru wired up the motor. I even got a pigtail that fakes the computer out so I don't need a key with a chip. Probably gonna start 'er up later this week. I'll be sure to video tape & post it. Still don't have a radiator yet but workin' on it!!! Gonna put a Mooneyes tank up front filled with soapy water that will squirt in front of the rear wheels so I can do smoky burnouts at will!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Very cool...

Bob, the panel is looking awesome.
Looks like it will make one heck of a gasser, and it's interesting how
well that engine fit in there.
As for the injectors....go for a blower setup with hidden carb and
fake 2 port injector :D
I mean, as long as you are going to put a hole in the hood ;):D
Looking forward to seeing some on the street photos soon. '22

What is taking so long... it's like you have been on vacation or something.

Er... guess I'm just lazy!!! :D Got engine wired up & gas tank in... just a little bit more & will be ready to fire up. In the attached foto I'm mockin' the radiator up with the orig mount. Gotta get a new radiator & am probably gonna go with the alum special Speedway has right now for deuces... $399. Now gotta find a used... er... vintage Moon tank! Have some rust issues on the lower body reveal & am gonna fix that with old license plates... I'll be huntin' daBay tonite!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• radiatorframe.jpg
    radiatorframe.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 49
Coming along nice Tripper. Now if you find some 46 KY plates in decent shape, holler :D.

anyprogress tripper? heres a pic to get ya motovated! my niece wanted something to color so i doodled this up real quick, she got a kick out of her drawing on the 'puter dp1

Attachments

• gasser2.jpg
    gasser2.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 57
anyprogress tripper? heres a pic to get ya motovated! my niece wanted something to color so i doodled this up real quick, she got a kick out of her drawing on the 'puter dp1

Nice toon DP-1. That looks just like Tripper at the wheel too. :D

Dogpatch,
Thanks for that rendering & yep... looks *just* like me!!! :D Doing wiring rat now & the computer guru is supposed to show up Wed & hopefully we'll get it fired-up. The $399 alum '32 Ford radiator I ordered from Speedway came in & was a near perfect fit... just gotta make a couple of brackets & that'll be that. Next up is windshield wipers & the Moon tank! Oh yeah... Mexican blanket seat covers and one of the Longhorn skull shifter knobs the Bonehead made for me!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• longhorn.jpg
    longhorn.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 23
Fire it up!!!

Well... today was the big day!!! Fired up the LS1 in my gasser!!! It started up like a champ but there's one little glitch. I bought a starter switch that was supposed to fool the computer so no key with a chip is needed... that didn't quite work. The computer thinks the car is being stolen & cuts the fuel off like it's supposed to so the computer guru is gonna have to do a little more work 1st but here's a short vid of it firin' right off! I'll be drivin' it around next week!!! SWEEEEEEET!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/NTblLwKdsOY

BoB

Very Nice !!!

Very nice Tripper, just need a longer video to enjoy the "music". :cool:
Looking forward to seeing this one finished. '22

A brilliant combination of the old and the new. Who would have thought we would need computer nerds to make our cars run???:eek: My brother has a '46 Suburban that he was (but never will) going to build. I might have to make a night raid in Kansas and bring that puppy home.:D
We're expecting some awsome video of the Panel Gasser in Action.:)

Computers!!!

Well.. I've avoided computer run motors until now & am still havin' that fuel cutoff glitch. I sent the computer off to be reprogrammed. Supposedly... this will fix the key/chip hangup. This is the part I dread because of course... I am at a total loss here & time's running out for the show... 2 weeks til Houston Autorama!!! :eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back