'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't change a thing. It sits right and you are correct, the grey sets off the chrome nicely.

Thanks for your input, Bob. The suspension has settled in nicely and I'm good with the stance.

Pops, that truck looks great! The fact that you've driven it that many miles without a headache is a testament to your work. Great job! :D

My main goal was to build a fun little truck that is dependable and didn't leak.
It worked out well so far. Thanks for the positive comments.

Bravo pops... Great looking truck.. Color is very nice and the bumper flows super nice...

I'll be the first to ask... What's next???
[P

Thanks Corpo, the bumper took way too much time and material to get it done. Third time was original thoughts. I should have gone in that direction to start with.

As far as what's next.... heating-a/c and more motor and a 9'' rear end.
And I'm still looking for a '38 to '47 Dodge panel truck.

Sounds like you did it right.

I've got nothing but time and I hate repairs that are a result of me not doing something that I know I should have done in the first place. Thanks.

You know it's show season Pops. :D

Yeah I know but I can't sit still long enough to do that.

I went to Albuquerque today and an old homeless guy at the off ramp of I25
tells me ''nice truck, I had one just like.'' I asked him what happened to it and he said ''some honky stole it.''

I started laughing and he got mad and said he wasn't lying....but I think he was lying about lying. Takes all kinds I guess.

progress has slowed....

I've been insulating my RV barn and going to get my overhead door installed before winter this year.

Just some small things on the truck. .

I changed the rear tail lights a little. They have always looked a little large to me so I build brackets and set them in some and put a strip across them to make them look smaller.

I also got the front bumper ends capped and rattle canned it. I'll chrome it someday.

Attachments

• IMG_3920.jpg
    IMG_3920.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4467 (2).jpg
    IMG_4467 (2).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4465 (2).jpg
    IMG_4465 (2).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Thanks guys....

[cl [cl :D :cool:
Torchie

Bumper looks good [cl

Time to drive drive drive [S

Been doing a lot of that in the AM's while it's not scorching hot.

I absolutely love this truck [dr [cl :cool:[/QUOTE

It's getting close. A/C would be really nice right now.

Great work Pops!! Love the front bumper.
I am going to have to talk to you about one of your glove boxes in the coming weeks.
Scott A.

Thanks. Just let me know and I'll get one cut for you.

Taillights look great! Took away that trailer light appearance.[cl

That's a good way of describing that look. I never was very happy with them.

Not much work on the truck lately. I've been insulating the addition I put on the end of my shop. Got the walls done and used the sheeting I took off the house roof when I reroofed it to sheet the walls. Now ready for a 12x12 door.
Then I'll insulate the roof. It's slow going when you're old and slow.

Attachments

• IMG_4474.jpg
    IMG_4474.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4476.jpg
    IMG_4476.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4480.jpg
    IMG_4480.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4478.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4481.jpg
    IMG_4481.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 29
Hey guys. I've been forced {by my ever prodding bride} to catch up on some unfinished projects not related to the hot rods.

Been laying brick where I removed a sliding door and put in a door with side lights instead. Finished her kitchen. It's only been 4 years since I started it.

Got my shop addition finished with insulation, lighting and a 12x12 overhead door.

We've also been going to our oldest grand sons football games, in the west Texas panhandle, every Friday night.

So we've been busy. Time to get back to the stuff I'd rather do.

More motor!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have managed to put a little over 4000 miles on my '47 truck. All is good so far.
It's fun with the 300hp 5.9 magnum engine but I got to thinking it would be more fun with a 408 stroker motor at about 500hp. So here we go.

I wanted to be able to drive the truck while building this thing so I bought a good block from the machine shop that I use. They are boring it .030 over, line boring it and squaring the deck as we speak.

Any one have any suggestions/experience with a 408 stroker kit for the Dodge 5.9 magnum engine? Don't need or want a full race engine, just a streetable 450-500 hp sleeper.

Did a little work on the center console and added a radio. Not much back to piddling with it.

Attachments

• IMG_4541 (2).jpg
    IMG_4541 (2).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4542 (2).jpg
    IMG_4542 (2).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4543 (2).jpg
    IMG_4543 (2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back