'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More POWER....arh arh arh......(Tim the tool man;)
Good to hear from you Pops....I know all about unfinished
projects. Probably have more than I have time left....
addition looks great!!!!!

More POWER....arh arh arh......(Tim the tool man;)
Good to hear from you Pops....I know all about unfinished
projects. Probably have more than I have time left....
addition looks great!!!!!

Thanks.
It's all about priorities {hers} that get me in trouble.

[clMore can always be better [cl
[P
[P
[P
:cool:

Never satisfied!
I just hope I don't mess up a perfectly good driver.

Happy Wife - Happy Lift

That's Wife, but a happy lift is good too. Boy i am old. "Life"

The shop will be real cozy come winter[cl

I did we get by without cup holders for all those years [S
The console looks good. [;)

Last edited:
I took about a hundred horsepower out of my flatbed. It is a lot nicer/cheaper to drive now.

Man when I first read that I thought it said flathead and I couldn't believe it.
That wouldn't have much left would it?
I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on more power but I don't ever remember detuning anything. I think it will fine. We'll see, cause I aint turning back now.

That's Wife, but a happy lift is good too. Boy i am old. "Life"

The shop will be real cozy come winter[cl

I did we get by without cup holders for all those years [S
The console looks good. [;)

I can't complain about my wife. She has to put up with me. I don't know that I could do that.

Cup holders and music, can't do without them.

If you hang on to the old 5.9 you can always put it back and sell the 408.

That's a good thought but I've got plans for it. My '07 jeep is a gutless wonder and the 5.9 will fit right in it.

Way to go Pops! They're never "finished"....

That's for sure. I just wish it wasn't so expensive to play the game.

One horsepower per cubic inch is pretty mild these days. It should be a nice driver.

That's all I needed to hear. Now I can say..."Bob said it would be fine."
I'd rather have one you have to feather the throttle on.

Progress????

Not much happening on this. I gotta go get some elk meat for the freezer the day after Thanksgiving.

I got tired of tripping over my engine hoist and engine stand for months at a time so I sold them last spring. Now I need a engine stand.

I build this one so I can take it off the post in the shop and put it on the shelf out of the way. Plus it's much heavier duty than any one I've seen and won't sag under the weight of a fully dressed big block.

Attachments

• IMG_4573.jpg
    IMG_4573.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4574.jpg
    IMG_4574.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4576.jpg
    IMG_4576.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 49
^^ Agreed... and from the looks of the other piece of square tube visible in the first two images, I'd tend to think there's already others. Pops?

Cold weather is here...

I was getting a bad case of depression due to lack of cruisin time caused by the cold temps lately. Decided it was time to get the interior of cab finished.

I got about 1/3 of the peel and seal in yesterday. Plan is to install peel and seal, a layer of foil insulation and then carpet and head liner. Then a small hot rod heater from Jegs. Then I'll be warm and toasty.

I ordered all the stuff to rebuild the doors and install the glass from Dodge Central of Michigan. Kinda pricey, $260, but it's all made to fit and they had everything.

FYI....I used one roll of peel and stick from Lowes and one roll of Home Depots version to start with and to compare the two. IMHO, Home depots stuff is a little thicker, sticks a little better, finish is a little smoother and is $1.50 a roll cheaper. Plus I hate I Lowes here, so I'm going with Home Depot.

Attachments

• IMG_4598 (2).jpg
    IMG_4598 (2).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4599 (2).jpg
    IMG_4599 (2).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4600 (2).jpg
    IMG_4600 (2).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4601 (2).jpg
    IMG_4601 (2).jpg