50/58 Willys Wagon RAT

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
taken from: http://www.vitessesteve.co.uk/LucasStuff/LucasStuff2.html

wiperdiagram.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

1 - Earth
2 - Auto Park switch
3 - Fast
4 - Auto Park +ve supply
5 - Slow

HOW DOES IT WORK
Flicking the toggle switch to the first position (slow operation), power is applied to the relay, closing the contact and supplying power to pin 5 on the wiper motor (via pin 87 and 30 on the relay). The Auto Park connection on the Wiper Motor (pin 2) is not connected to anything while the relay is energised.

Flicking the toggle switch to the second position (fast operation), power is supplied directly to pin 3 on the Wiper Motor. At this point you might expect the relay to turn off, but in fact the relay remains turned on by current leaking back out of pin 5 (slow) of the wiper motor (via pin 30 and 87 of the relay). The Auto Park connection on the Wiper Motor (pin 2) is not connected to anything while the relay remains energised.

Flcking the switch to off, causes the relay to turn off, this connects pin 2 of the Wiper Motor to pin 5 of the Wiper Motor (via pin 87a and 30 of the relay). What I think happens here is that power is connected to pin 4 of the Wiper Motor, this must be internally connected to pin 2 via a switch, which allows us to continue to supply power to the slow pin 5 of the motor until it reaches the park position when pin 2 turns itself off.

Weathers warming so bact to work Made a little headway on the motor

If you notice on the white board in the background, My Grandson thinks we need flames and hotdogs.

Nice to hear from you again....

Funny how many awol's are showing up since the weather is breaking...lol :D
Things are looking good 19....

Frame narrowed and front axle bagged

everything fits better, just need to figure out whether I need a pan hard or not. Any suggestions or reccommendations?

Latest posts

Back