50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never ending.....the snow or the build?? Lol

DR is doing it right....very cool build and set up.....can't wait to see what that thing will do when finished...just messin with ya pops....:D

Sure pick on the old guy, he's harmless.

DR, never mind the peanut gallery.
We all are wanting to see this ride done and on the road.

You and me both, but I'm feeling like I am on the home stretch in a lot of ways, but far off on others... but all in all I am feeling pretty good about how much there is left to do...

You and me both, but I'm feeling like I am on the home stretch in a lot of ways, but far off on others... but all in all I am feeling pretty good about how much there is left to do...

Don't weaken!! It's the priority thing that seems to get in the way a lot for me.
Like weather I really need my wife speaking to me this week or not.
Seems to be a problem this week.

Stay after it.

Thanks for the encouragement... Early next week I need to tackle suspension replacement on the daily driver, and probably throw on some rims and tires I found, and sell the ones I have...
I am hoping that I can just get away with shocks and struts for the time being, but we will see once I get into it...

Still waiting on a camber bolt to show up, then I'll be getting the new struts and shocks on the daily...
I did get the springs all setup on the struts ready to install...

Anyhow, if I get my old daily driver wheels and tires sold this week, I'll be planning on trying to get some fuel in the truck tank this coming weekend....

I've just been plugging along working on stitching in the floor from the bottom which is almost all complete now, and I worked on the driver's side firewall some, plugging holes, and welding in some repair pieces...

One other thing of note is that I found that gas nozzles for the welder are REALLY cheap on amazon... local places want close to $20 a pop for them, and online I can buy 5 for $15... o_O

Rebuilding the A Pillar & building the dash end cap, firewall hole plugging

As the title says, cut, weld grind, repeat.

Side note: got all the adjustment bolts I needed for my daily driver strut install, so hopefully friday after work the struts and shocks will go on....

Pics:

Attachments

• DSC05242.jpg
    DSC05242.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC05243.jpg
    DSC05243.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05244.jpg
    DSC05244.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC05245.jpg
    DSC05245.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC05246.jpg
    DSC05246.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC05247.jpg
    DSC05247.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 47
Nice!!

Looking for good DR....I take it that is the Ponitac dash?... will look killer when it's done.....cold weather is upon us....so we need to keep moving to stay warm.... :D

Wow! Lotsa work patching the cab. Your a great example of staying motivated.

Thanks Bob! You are one motivated builder as well! :)

Looking for good DR....I take it that is the Ponitac dash?... will look killer when it's done.....cold weather is upon us....so we need to keep moving to stay warm.... :D

yep, that is the 57 pontiac dash!
Its just right for workingin my opinion, could be just a touch warmer...

Thanks guys! The driver's side of the dash is all welded in and mostly cleaned up, but I need to use a burr to get into some of the areas to smooth the welds... Little bit each night gets it done...

Tomorrow is daily driver work night, so no more updates for a day or two...

I wish I could be as motivated as you. Hopefully soon I will be able to get on my dodge a bit. By the way, the dash is sweet!!! Using the old panels in it or making some new??

I wish I could be as motivated as you. Hopefully soon I will be able to get on my dodge a bit. By the way, the dash is sweet!!! Using the old panels in it or making some new??

My motivation is I want it done.. tired of it being not done :D

I plan on using everything I can from the 57 dash, but I have to fit the E-250 gauge cluster in, so there will be some custom work yes...

Shocks and struts are in on the daily driver... hopefully alignment tomorrow and hopefully a good report that everything is good...

Only thing left hopefully before winter is a valve cover gasket on the daily that is only leaking internally to the spark plugs.. meh..

Latest posts

Back