50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gotta roll it out and take some pictures. I'm starting to forget what it looks like from a distance. All these close up shots![S

You gotta roll it out and take some pictures. I'm starting to forget what it looks like from a distance. All these close up shots![S

None of the body is on the frame right now, I will get there though...
Just have a ton of metalwork to do before the body and chassis are re-united. Need to run brake lines too before that happens...

You sound like Scottie talking to Captain Kirk. Just read you post with a thick Scottish accent, you will see what I mean.

She's no going to hold together Captain! No Driveshaft, no brakes and no steering![ddd

Not a lot going on lately, hopefully tomorrow I can get more done. I did however get a list together of things I need to pick up to get the motor ready...

I did get the PCV lines hooked up, one stock, one custom. Started looking at the transmission dipstick tube, but I'll probably wait to cut the tube until I get the cab back on to make sure it clears the cab, and I can check the fluid. Checked to make sure I have all the vac lines plugged that are not in use or looped together for now.

What is weird is that this transmission uses Mercon LV fluid.. I have not heard of that before, but I've not really had any Ford transmissions before.

Always has to be something different!! :D Mercon I've heard of.. LV...not so much.....[S

Yea, I dunno either [S One of these days I'll get by the parts store for some fluids...

Tonight I routed the tank wiring through the port in the flange on the tank so that is done, and also separated the driveshaft yoke, cleaned it up and painted the non-sealing areas so it can be put in the tail shaft when I add the trans fluid... I'd like the fluid to stay IN the trans [cl

I also tested the resistance on the fuel pump in the tank, and so far it looks much better than the pump I was testing outside the tank. Pump in tank is 12.5 ohms, failed pump was like 1.2 Ohms, so hopefully the pump in the tank is good.

Just a few more small things to do... :D

Excellent!!!

yep in the trans beats spread on the roadway....anytime...sounds like you might be nearing the "hear it run" phase? [P

Skull.....Are you being sarcastic???

vroom?

Later :cool:

OK.....listen..I'm going into the barn tomorrow....took a personal day tomorrow from work....I will post some pics and show you that I can make progress if I get some time...... :D...now...where was I ....oh yeah...reading other posts....

Hoping I can get the rest of it wrapped up sometime saturday afternoon and perhaps a test fire...

Blue flames out the pipes! (I can't help but think... you have the perfect "vessel" for flame throwers.)

Love what you're doin' DR. Keep it up and I look forward to the "finished product". [cl

Blue flames out the pipes! (I can't help but think... you have the perfect "vessel" for flame throwers.)

Love what you're doin' DR. Keep it up and I look forward to the "finished product". [cl

Sure does!!!! Also my favorite part, I know who I am parking next too at shows.... mobile barbeque!!!

[cl[cl[cl

Latest posts

Back