50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably been in the garage on a rat building bender! will come out with a totally finished ride [P

Is DR still MIA??

Off for a week? Maybe he is trying to make it ready for Billetproof? I will give him a call.....

You might be right Neverdone....he may be thrashing to take it to billetproof....I had plans to make the trip and they went out the window...always something lately..I think I'm jinx'd lately....:(

Sorry for the lapse in visiting & posting.

Off for a week? Maybe he is trying to make it ready for Billetproof? I will give him a call.....

Ehh, I needed some time away from the internet, and took some time off from sheet metal work. I was getting REALLY tired of panel beating & fab work.
Had some issues with family and my daughter's mother so I just needed to be away from things for a bit...

Anyhow, so I decided to work on the fuel lines, and I found that I cannot bend or flare the stainless steel line, so I have a company that is going to build my lines off my CAD models. I need one fitting that was damaged when removing it from the multivalve as well, but I think I should be able to get one.

So I have been really busy disassembling the old tank... this reads: its like building a ship in a bottle, but you cant see through the bottle... [S[S[S

I got the pump and sending unit assembly out of the old tank, and the multivalve that goes on top... whats weird is the multivalve I have uses o-ring or orb fittings with a snap clip jiffy tite setup, where as the other couple multivalves I have are compression fitting setups... The jiffy tite is much easier to deal with as you do not have much room to work to tighten lines inside the access area.

So, its been a bit of a frustrating ride lately, both life and progress on the truck...

I did find a grille insert and had to pay a bit to get it, but its ratty, and missing the top bar, but I plan on shortening the top as it is a little too tall, and also cutting around the axle for suspension travel. So enjoy the mockup pictures =)

Attachments

• DSC05074.jpg
    DSC05074.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC05075.jpg
    DSC05075.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC05076.jpg
    DSC05076.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC05077.jpg
    DSC05077.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 55
Good to see you back on the site.
I know exactly where you are coming from as I haven't done or posted much myself lately due to many of the same issue's.
I hope to get back to it soon.
Keep on Truck'n[cl
Torchie.

Hey Dr, good to hear from you.

I like the grill. What is it off?

37/38 GMC heavy truck, I think 1.5 Ton and up...
The shell was easy to get, but finding the insert was a bear...
probably have too much $ into it, but I like the look alot.. so I guess thats what really matters right? :eek:

Glad to hear you are back at it!!! Keep your chin up!! And yes there must be something in the water. I have not been feeling up to much lately either.

Kool grill, it definitely fits the look of the front end.
That fuel tank set up would be too complicated for my feeble mind.

Stay at it and don't weaken, there's miles and miles of road to be driven.

Had an idea the other day to use some 1/4" copper tubing for mockup, easy to bend and get something to measure off of to send data to the tubing company... So I'm going to do that for the remaining portions of hard line...

Also sent the data for the main fuel line runs to the tubing company today, definitely a benefit to have my frame all drawn up on cad, and now my lines...
Once I get the main lines run I'll get the remaining lines made after I get the main ones made and mounted so I have no mistakes...

Had an idea the other day to use some 1/4" copper tubing for mockup, easy to bend and get something to measure off of to send data to the tubing company... So I'm going to do that for the remaining portions of hard line...

Also sent the data for the main fuel line runs to the tubing company today, definitely a benefit to have my frame all drawn up on cad, and now my lines...
Once I get the main lines run I'll get the remaining lines made after I get the main ones made and mounted so I have no mistakes...

Damn Man. You are all Hi Tech. In my shop cad stands for "cardboard assisted drawings":D
Torchie.

Damn Man. You are all Hi Tech. In my shop cad stands for "cardboard assisted drawings":D
Torchie.

A lot of my stuff is thin cardboard assisted.... just the frame I did draw as it was my first build, and material ain't cheap...

I am on CAD all day every day, so made sense to me... :)
Besides, now I have a company that can bend and flare the stainless steel lines I need, which was a big stumbling point, and would be difficult to convey how I want the lines made without cad data [cl

A lot of my stuff is thin cardboard assisted.... just the frame I did draw as it was my first build, and material ain't cheap...

I am on CAD all day every day, so made sense to me... :)
Besides, now I have a company that can bend and flare the stainless steel lines I need, which was a big stumbling point, and would be difficult to convey how I want the lines made without cad data [cl

Cool! If you have the tools use them.
Torchie.[;)

Well, not a lot to report, sunday was just not all that into going out in the cold weather that nailed us the last few days... I did however get the cad files over to the tubing company, I'll have a quote on the two main lines tomorrow, still working on the lines at the tank, I have copper models, but I need to translate that over into CAD as well.

Tomorrow night is a garage night, might not work a whole lot on lines, probably do some sheet metal work, as I've had enough of a break from that, and I need to get some things finished up on the floors, seats, and brake pedal etc, time to get back into full speed ahead mode again...

Latest posts

Back