"A-Bomb" Roadster/Bucket Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda like stirrin' the pot![cl...CR:D

Now they deleted the whole thread :D
If they can't take the heat of internet discussions and can't bear for anyone to build something a little different than their way then they need to get on their walkers and creep on back to 1959 where they belong [ddd

Back on subject.

Gonna attempt to get drums and brakes from an F-150 and fit them to the '48 axle. I have heard that they bold right up to the kingpins.....guess I shall test that theory.
Wp

Thanks to Ebay I now have a well worn instrument panel bezel...no instruments but at least the bezel.

Also as U can see the frame is now welded together. Also have the rear end waiting to be mounted.

31333_1480321488211_1239022746_1408654_6866979_n.jpg

This is a VERY slow project but movin along!

Wp

After a few months down time the project is BACK on track!

I bought my sheetmetal yesterday and we are going to by some tubing this weekend and get started on turning the cowl into a bucket body :cool:

I have decided to go another route from the welding and after the tubing is welded together we are gonna rivet the sheetmetal together for the body.
Sorta going for the old "Airplane look" and then cover it in grey primer.

Will update as progress occurs.
Wish us luck!

have fun

Hey if you enjoy doing the work and the finished project that’s all that counts.[cl
Sometimes the guy who puts things down is the one walking.

Remember a happy driver has bugs on his teeth.:D

Hey if you enjoy doing the work and the finished project that’s all that counts.[cl
Sometimes the guy who puts things down is the one walking.

Remember a happy driver has bugs on his teeth.:D

Thanks, amigo ;)

I am anxiously awaiting saturday morning when we get started back on the project. I am hoping to have the tub completed and in primer by the end of the weekend. Will post pics of what we get done.
Wp

We ain't that Boyd Coddington but we did make some progress.

59783_1657224230669_1239022746_1872946_6137235_n.jpg

Didnt get around to any sheet metal work but that can be the next time around :)

Have decided to harvest to rolled top from the sides of a near destroyed '49 Chevy pickup bed to cut down and make the sides for a 3 ft bed for this project.

61874_1658581504600_1239022746_1877182_3630116_n.jpg

I like it. Very ambitious project.

Thank U much.

We are going the hard/cheap route but I think I will be proud of it when done.
It may not suit everyone's idea of beauty but since it started off as just a Model A cowl fragment that someone found in a scrap heap and 2 Model T grill shells that were found in the desert and welded together into one. ....and I believe it will be fun to DRIVE when finished :D
Wp

A friend just called and offered me the frame and undamaged windshield for a Model A for twenty bucks!! [dr
He said it came off a '31 Roadster but we will make it fit the A-Bomb....another part down!

Wp

Latest posts

Back