A moment.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellwood59

I just want to take a moment to remind folks it can happen in a second.

Please keep the victims of the horrible Phoenix,Az. motorcycle/truck crash
in your thoughts and prayers. Whether bikes, hotrods or walking it can end
at any time. Enjoy your family, friends and toys while you can.

Being a biker/truckdriver all my life has made me take this one very hard to
see and read about. My heart goes out to everyone involved and their families

The bikers families will live without loved ones forever. That driver, after a moment of carelessness, will live his life with that terrible nightmare forever.

Yep... that was sad indeed!!! Saw a guy on a bike get killed 30 years ago & sold mine immediately & haven't ridden since!

BoB

I lost my best friend on a bike about 16 years ago, I got rid of mine as soon as I could. I have never rode since. He was one of us . He had a '66 Ford pickup with a 428 Pontiac engine in it . That was a qick pickup.

In '82 I got run over by a propane truck in sturgis and I just have'nt brought myself the courage to buy another bike I was messed up for a year but thanks to the man upstairs I'm still here today[cl

In '82 I got run over by a propane truck in sturgis and I just have'nt brought myself the courage to buy another bike I was messed up for a year but thanks to the man upstairs I'm still here today[cl

Stugis is just crazy man. It wont stop me from getting one, but I wont ride during the rally. Its hard enuff not getting ran over on foot. Sorry about your luck here

All of us who ride have had close ones. I haven't had a bike for years but still hope to get another one.
I can say this, if you don't drive for everyone out there, you will get it, sooner or later. In the military they call it situational awareness, you have to be aware of everything within a large circle around you. Every car approaching from a side street or behind you is potentially going to run over you and you have to be ready. I think it would be great if everyone had to ride a motorcycle for a year or two before they got to drive a car.

All of us who ride have had close ones. I haven't had a bike for years but still hope to get another one.
I can say this, if you don't drive for everyone out there, you will get it, sooner or later. In the military they call it situational awareness, you have to be aware of everything within a large circle around you. Every car approaching from a side street or behind you is potentially going to run over you and you have to be ready. I think it would be great if everyone had to ride a motorcycle for a year or two before they got to drive a car.

Great wisdom WB!! When I first started riding, an older biker told me to "ride like everybody's out to get you!" Sometimes it seems that way..:(..CR

way bad deal. thoughts for those that lost loved ones.
if your on 2 wheels theres a bumper out there with your name on it. heads up always.
said he was look n thru paperwork while drive n a garbage truck?, i d guess texting on a gd phone.

I had'nt heard about this till now. My heart goes out to those who were injured and lost and there families. I had a buddy in High School get run down and it finally killed him 10 years later. It's a truely sad thing.

Horrified!

Unreal, what a horrible accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to them all. People need to pay alot more attention when they get behind the wheel. We become a little too comfortable within our little "car cab" worlds. Reminds me of an accident in 2003, Calgary Ab.. A trucker rear ended a car with 5 Nuns that were in a car, stopped at a stoplight. 4 were killed. It all seems so needless, be carefull out there.

Latest posts

Back