Another 50 chev chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little polishing of the metal last night and got my bumper fillers done.

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

MUCH better on the bumper Those really complete it and look kickass. Nice use of the vertical guards in a horizontal position as well - Neat trick! I still might roll the pan underneath it though...

Bumper looks good.... whole car looks good! If you really want skirts maybe raise the bottom edge 3" or so. A 1/2 or 3/4 skirt might not give you that bloated feeling.

Should have said something earlier..

I work for a glass company and deliver all over..when I saw the cutting of that windshield I was hoping I wasnt too late...The tip I got was to use a glass cutter,even a cheap one.Score the glass lightly and keep it straight as possible.flip it over then follow the score on the other side..trying to match the one on the other side as best as possible.NEXT..pour lighter fluid over it and wait until its almost burned out...SLOWLY..and I mean SLOWLY bend the glass down...NOT all the way though..if thats not working,re-heat it.You should be able to bend it enough to get a glass cutter or a VERY sharp razor blade in between the cut...slowly cut until your done...you may have to re-heat if your working slow.The glass used in laminated safety glass...Two pieces of glass with a very thin sheet of plastic in between them.

Not going with the skirts for some reason I keep throwing that one on and I always take it off lol.

Well got my junk yesterday for the grille.

To start 2 baseball bats stripped

IMG_1952.JPG

Cut em up (didn't know they filled em with what looks like expanding foam)

IMG_1956.JPG

Add some mesh and lights tada! Now I have to get the bat's welded up and paint the mesh black make some brackets bla bla bla and she's all good to go. :D

IMG_1959.JPG

Started the interior last night but alas I'm of to BC for a wedding this weekend and will have to wait till next week to finish things up on the car :)
Here's what I got so far.

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

Well taking for ever to get the little ends done but finished the exhaust and took her for a spin tonight runs good. Carb needs a little tuning and just have to clean up the wiring and airlines then find some door handles and window cranks. but she's pretty much ready to rock.
Anyways back to the pictures got lots this round...

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

Latest posts

Back