Another 50 chev chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just a flapper disk at first but if I did it again I would just use a disk. Would look more even. I just used normal clear but found out later that they make an epoxy clear to use on bare steel (oh well next time).

Hey Hoitink, how did you go about polishing the steel? Just use an angle grinder and sanding disk? What kind of clear did you use? I'd like to do something similar on the exposed part of my frame.

Wow!I was watching this build on a other site(don't remember the name right-off LOL)and I was just blown away by this car and how it came out. [cl hoitink you are a true craftman.I was going thur some past threads today and saw this one.I glad to see how it ended up.Can't wait to see your next build! [;)

Just read this build, You've built a 50 the way chevrolet should have built it! Everything looks great. .[cl........CR

another 50 chevy chop

Very nice. i've always wanted to section a car. i have a 49 chevy out back and you're giving me ideas!!

Well here's an update for everyone. The car is still alive even though she was looking a little sad for a while. I re-cleared the car, got an interior in it almost done. Still have to work on the handles going to look for some new hardware or make something yet.

Picked up a sewing machine a while ago and started to daddle in the sewing department. This was always the crappy looking part of my builds so decided it was time to learn.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

seat5.jpg

seat6.jpg

seat7.jpg

New shot of clear on the car along with a new trunk lid art
car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

Wow is right! That looks awesome. I don't know if I would be brave enough to chop or section a car like this. I am in the process of sectioning my 47 ford truck cab. I already chopped it 7 inches. And sectioning it another 5. The Chop was relatively easy. The section is a little bit more difficult specially beings that its my first section ever. lol. Your car looks bad ass though! Keep it up and keep us posted. Cant wait to see the finished project.

Latest posts

Back