Another, name that car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead,hope you do not mind if i add this here. If so i will immediatly delete it no problem.:)

Clue- This is european,not US,sorry. But if you know what it is you will probably say "no way!"

trabi.jpg

earthman, is it a Trabant. I believe they where built in East Germany, and were originally equiped with a 2 cylinder 2 stroke engine. I work with a guy who grew up there and he's told me they were truely a piece of crap. lol.

I remembered that car from a commercial I saw maybe 25 yrs ago where a guy had just gotten himself a car.... finally but by the end of the commercial he traded the car for a new pair of Levis jeans. Of course this was all before the wall came down between East and West Germany.

Where is that weird '37 Bonehead? Is it for sale? I must be hardcore, i love corrosion AND patina.

Wouldn't you know, that one is not from my personal collection. I stole it somewhere, because I thought it looked funny in the front, and never have IDed it. Ford made that front end on later years I think. Look at the height from the fender to the top of the hood. weird.:confused:

Roddguy you have it! Considered by many people as the worst car
ever mass produced. 25 hp 2 cycle with a recycled plastic body.
There was a waiting list for these in East Germany and they
built 3,000,000 of them. :confused:

thumbnailCAZ50XG5.jpg

All that & a plywood floorpan, too.

So you guys like the little ones? Here is a clown car I took picture of at a local show. Name that car.

Attachments

• clowncar.jpg
    clowncar.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back