Are car sales this dead every where?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anglianut

Just curios as to what is going on everywhere else in the USA. Here is CA, it seems like there are a lot of good deals floating around, but no body is buying. What do you think? :confused:

Well....If I wasn't so far from Ca., I'd love to take advantage of some of those deals. Unfortunately the shipping would kill the deal and most can't be bothered to ship anyways.:(

Must be terrible everywhere, trying to give away a 2000 FLHT HD that runs and drives for $4000 and can't even get that out of it.

Seems RatRods are moving somewhat in this area.

That's bad but the market is flooded with Harleys. That bike would bring $8000 here, realistically.
Is it a good scooter? Could a person fly in there and head across country with it?

It's dead all over. For new and used. I work for a new car dealer and I think are sales dept only has 15 out for the month, It should be more like 30 or 40 + units. I really hope it turns around soon cuz no car sales means less work for me and every one eles out there ......

Things are pretty slow up here in canada too_Our local raceway is on a year by year lease and the future for it doesn't look good.So lots of guys dumping their racecars as the nearest strip is about 4 hours away.I think the decent priced stuff is still changing hands but lots of guys still think thier stuff is gold.Lots of nice stuff out there for 8-10 thou range if a guy has some extra $.Our local car show was one of the biggest ever so people still have them to drive.I have noticed a slow down in the new build threads.I know my personal projects have slowed down but more due to a busy summer of work than anything.I watched barrett jackson from vegas this weekend and there were definitley some good buys if you had some dough to spend,couldn't be built for that money seemed to be the theme this year.

The down fall of it all it's not only hurting the people trying too sell but also the aftermarket world and small shops allover..

My cousin lives in Los Angeles & said guys are tryin' to sell *really* nice cars there really cheap. He said if he had any cash he's snap some off but he's in the same boat as everyone else! :eek:

BoB

Things are pretty slow up here in canada too_Our local raceway is on a year by year lease and the future for it doesn't look good.So lots of guys dumping their racecars as the nearest strip is about 4 hours away.I think the decent priced stuff is still changing hands but lots of guys still think thier stuff is gold.Lots of nice stuff out there for 8-10 thou range if a guy has some extra $.Our local car show was one of the biggest ever so people still have them to drive.I have noticed a slow down in the new build threads.I know my personal projects have slowed down but more due to a busy summer of work than anything.I watched barrett jackson from vegas this weekend and there were definitley some good buys if you had some dough to spend,couldn't be built for that money seemed to be the theme this year.

Are you talking about the track in mission ?

Everything is connected, so I bet every market is slower now than normally they would be. We went to a swap meet Sunday to unload a bunch of stuff that was in our way, and we did well, but we were not trying to get rich off of it, just make a few bucks to buy some more stuff we don't need. :eek: No one else there was doing much at all because they were trying to make a profit. One lady from the space next to us said when we unloaded two cars worth of stuff they thought we would be packing it up at the end of the day, but we sold just about everything. I was determined the heavy stuff was NOT going back home again, so we took any reasonable offer.

I went home with $ 400 in my pocket and my Son Don made $ 185.00. People were not spending money like they usually would though.

Don

I think people are buying but arent jumping at the first thing they see and are able to negotiate better. Its a buyers market

I have done ok to well over the past 2 years but then again I usually wait until there is a screamin deal before I pick something up. like a 68 suburban 3/4T all origanal for $500 turned it around for $2k, 70 chevelle 454SS clone frame off project started (all of the chassis was new and done as were the quarters, fenders etc. no motor or trans) picked up for $2k sold to a guy in NC for $4900, picked up all of my 35 ford cabs, frames and various new front frame horns, I beams and wish bones for $2200. sold off alot of the extra stuff for $1600 or so. But I know if I look at something and say it is worth say $5k then I try and buy to where I can sell it for $3k and still make some money. Make sense? There are tons of deals out there for the guy with some cash. On the other end I have taken a 38% cut in income in the last 2 years (GM tech) so If I hadn't planned well for the last 10 years I would be in the same sinking boat as everyone else. it is tough out there....

Finally sold I mean gave away my bike 3k but at least I can pay the rent and phone another month and have some $ to help make more $. Plus I don't have to field calls at 6am then be a noshow or stupid questions and trade offers

I am in the same boat. I can't even get a reasonable price on anything. I have a driver '57 Chevy 150 2 door post that is nice, asking 16k and hardly any interest. I always thought if I had to sell it would be easy especially at this price. I sold a '56 Buick special 2 door hardtop for $1500 after along time and it was a 2 owner car. Times are hard all over.

Hey thanks for all the different views. I know people every where are watching what they spend. Just seems like the last few things I sold here in CA, I had to drop my shorts to make a sale. [P . Nice to be on a web site where you get good discussion on a topic, not just smart A** remarks.

Latest posts

Back