Been a bad week for electronics!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Jeeesh, I can't win lately when it comes to electronic stuff. Last Friday I washed my cell phone with a bunch of laundry and had to buy a new one on Saturday. The same day my computer froze up and came up with some stupid message about being "out of range", whatever that means. I had to do a non-destructive recovery and got it back up and running, but had to re-enter a lot of stuff.

Then on Sunday my new cell phone kept going dead, so Monday I took it back and they gave me a new one. After that my computer started acting up again, so I did another non-destructive recovery, and it worked until Monday night, when I couldn't get on the internet. Called Comcast and they did something over the phone, and it started working again.

Today it crashed big time, and when I did the recovery thing it literally turned my computer into what it was the day I took it out of the box 4 years ago.......it had NOTHING inside and was wiped clean. I lost all my data and every picture I had stored!! :mad: All of my car build stuff and also Dan and Don's car build stuff.

Luckily, I had some stuff in Photobucket and was able to start pulling those pictures back out, and I have also posted tons of pictures on various forums, so I am having to go back and retrieve as many of those as I can. I am going to download everything onto a disc and save it so I don't ever lose them again.

I'm afraid to see what is going to blow up next! :eek:

Don

Bummer Don, but their is a lesson to be learned "BACKUP" :D!
Go and pickup a couple flash drives, and download your personal stuff on them once in awhile. Cheap insurance, that why you don't loose everything you had.

That's about how well I get along with electronics Don. I go through cell phones like they were disposable.

Here's a photo I took of a couple of greasers at Billetproof to start your photo collection :D

Yes, It has been one of those weeks! Went to turn on our computer at home yesterday....and nothing. :( Darn thing wouldn't go on! My wife fiddled with it a while. She's the computer expert in the family and still nothing. :confused: So she pulled the hard drive and zip drive and said she was going to get a new one today!

Last edited:
When I have computer problems I curl up in a ball on the floor and suck my thumb until someone fixes it. That's all I'm capable of doing with the darn things. I used a cell phone once. And to think I was an Engineering Manager in my work life. Go figure...
BTW, I really, really like the roadster. The color combination makes it stand out without being gaudy. A great choice.

i hate cell phones ,dont own one my self and dont want one.
But my wife ,want loive without it?
Now i cant live without my computer...ha ha ha !,used to hate them too till i seen all the hot rod stuff on there ,now i'm hooked !
Hope your luck gets better don ,i've been there too man ,it sucks bad to loose all your buid pics,now my wife saves every thing to disk .
The problem is i cant figure out how to get the pics to loade back up to the comp????? I dont blame you ,i hate electronics too!?>:confused:

You can always blame it on sun spots. I had a GM at one tv station I worked at that when something went amiss on air he'd come running into the control room demanding to know what was wrong...the standard answer he would receive was....sun spots, then he'd go away satisfied he'd gotten an explaination of the problem. He never did catch on.

Gastrick, thanks for that picture, I have now saved it.

Funny you guys should mention Sunspots. When I worked at the marina the parts lady was into astrology and the occult. :eek: Anyway, one day she comes to work and says "Mercury is going into retrograde, and lots of stuff will start not working, better prepare." We all kinda chuckled.

Then stuff started breaking. Computers, fax machines, the phone system crashed, our forklift ran into a canal, and lots of other stuff. It was as if every hour some new emergency was happening. We all kind of stayed on her good side after that. :D:D She just kept walking up to my door and saying "see, nobody would believe me!" :eek:

Maybe I need to call the Psychic Hot Line. :D

Don

Latest posts

Back