Can i get a photochop please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkansawer

Im looking at getting one of these as a project, and was wanting some changes. Ive seen the normal chop and stuff, but i was wondering about a rake. Leaving the very back normal height and chopping it down to the windshield. Sort of like a pie cut. Now it may look totally dumb, but thats why i want a reworking of the photo. :D Different chops or suggestions are welcomed as well.

Note that this is not mine, but just a good side view of one so it would be easier to work with.

150853.1956.Ford.Panel.Truck.jpg

Thanks

Torrey

Here ya go:

....I just took the picture you didn't post and chopped it. I like the white on white look with the white trim and the very wide white walls. :D

In other words, you didn't post a picture.

That looks great Sam! Usually a white on white rat rod looks too clean for me but your photochopping really made a difference!

Thunder1

strange, the picture is showing up for me. Hmmm this is weird. Good chop though, couldnt even tell its chopped. :D

Hows this for ya?

Attachments

• 150853.1956.Ford.Panel.Truck.jpg
    150853.1956.Ford.Panel.Truck.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 48
dang that didnt help my decision any, lol. I like both looks. Would it be harder to do a full chop, or to do the pie cut and rake it?

Anyone else have any more suggestions for the panel?

I would have to guess the hardest part of that chop is gonna be the windshield and front post no matter which way you go.

Well, looks like Tripper beat me to it. Not to be out done, I raked the chop, chopped the house, AND chopped all the trees and bushes. :D

Attachments

• attacphp.jpg
    attacphp.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 36
I like the raked look, but I think it would be the harder chop - you're gonna have more inconsistent angles (?????? - if that sounds right). Could you achieve the same "look" by working the the stance of the truck w/ a straight chop ??

Seeing the condition of your panel I'd be afraid to attempt a chop of any kind, it looks so nice. I'm building a 56 myself and don't possess the talent to chop one but have sat and thought that if I were going to, I'd chop it evenly through out it's entire length in three places. First, I'd remove the high crown of the roof line by 1 1/2" , then I'd do what they did to Chip Foose's pickup by removing 1 1/2" at the bottom of the windshield, then section the body 3" to pancake the hood. But with my limited skills I'd have to wait until I could find another basket case panel to experiment on.

Oh that one isnt mine, just a picture i found of a good side view. The one i was looking at is rusty and ate out, but the guy at the yard wanted way to much for it for me to consider buying.

Oh that one isnt mine, just a picture i found of a good side view. The one i was looking at is rusty and ate out, but the guy at the yard wanted way to much for it for me to consider buying.

Okay we can chop that one then,ha ha. I would like to try some chopping and sectioning on something in the future myself just to see how it would turn out.

Latest posts

Back