chevy 350 engine I.D.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstar

hi, i found the following numbers by close to the distributor on my chev engine. Rech en Mexico, 10066036. i cant seem to find this number on any chev I.D. web pages. please assist. Thank you.

ok, i found my number on Mortec. this is what i found, "10066036...350...........2 or 4...Target MMaster/Goodwrench crate motor, 2-piece rear seal, "Hecho en Mexico"

So i have questions, how would i know if it is a 2/4 bolt? and the year of production? and HP rating?

Last edited:
To the best of my knowlege(which isn't much) the four bolts were only in trucks, or so I have been told, of course the other way is to pull the oil pan and look at the main bearing caps and see how many bolts hold them on.

thanx for the help sneakysnake, sure helps a lot!! im off to check out some jag suspension bits this week end.

Doesn't that Hecho Mexico mean it was made in Mexico? A GM crate motor made in Mexico? Why does that bother me?

And if you are looking Jaguar bits, I have an XJ front end. Shocks, brakes, steering and snow tires! Cheaper than cheap!

a slight issue in that i am from South Africa..

Latest posts

Back