chevy motor mount question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
need help on swapping these out or ideas;

the 1977 novas take the motor mount syle with the rubber on bottom or the frame side and the top is a solid piece. 1964-1972 chevelles have the rubber on top and the solid piece on it is mounted to the frame or bottom.

l know nova pansits a little heigher on how high the oil pan placement from the cross member is and the chevelle pan is a real close fit.[ having had several of both of thse makes[ also the 2 oil pans themselves are a little different.

on the sub-frame in the 1950 dodge truck, it's a 1977 nova, l need to lower the motor about an inch. changing to the chevelle mounts will accomplish this.

the question;; has any one done this or can it be done?
putting chevelle motor mounts on a nova sub-frame even possable?

Later:confused:

To fab or not to fab

I am putting a 500 caddy into a 39 Plymouth pickup with a 2x4 tube frame with no mounts at all. I have tried to buy them at the parts store. No longer made! I have a torch and a welder. Just look at the mounts you have and shorten them the needed amount and weld them back up. Let us know if you need help.

Latest posts

Back