"Dark Sarcasm"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rok,
I noticed you registered today. Welcome to RRR and thanks for takin a look.

Hey guys,
Rok is from the chevy truck forum. I offered him an invite to come join us.

Flat, I hope you are wearing ear plugs and passed them out to all your neighbors too. Man I wish you lived down the street from me, we'd weld in a chunk of channel iron from one frame rail to the other, and you'd be done.
Hang in there Bud, you are getting there!

I'm gonna go deaf with that grinder going for long lengths of time.....

Gotta work safe man, get some of those inexpensive ear muff things to protect your hearing. Going to suck if you can enjoy the sound of your ride or some tunes while you cruise if you go deaf while building.

Not to worry Modsquad,
I'm workin safe. I have all the earplugs anybody could stand to have. The grinder is only as loud as I listen to my music. I was just lightening the situation (being my uncertainty) by making a wizecrack, thats all. After all, would it be soo bad to be hard of hearing? ya know I am married...:eek:

Modsquad:
get some of those inexpensive ear muff things to protect your hearing

Hey Flat....
Ya know, come to think about it Britt has those really cute bling bling hot pink/glitter fuzzy ear muffs she will be glad to let you borrow! LMAO.....And as soon as you put them on I will be filling up the camera with pics!!! LMAO

FlatBroke:
After all, would it be soo bad to be hard of hearing? ya know I am married...
If it weren't for you being married to me, you'd forget you parked the truck next to the house! LOL, I could just sit back and not say a word and watch you go crazy because you can't find anything or don't know how to do something! LOL, now that would be funny....just may have to try it sometime.

I hear ya on the ear muffs. Find them and we can have a comedy hour at my expense. Just make sure to get some "spark throwin" pics. I bet Tripper would get one helova laff outta that. Who am I kiddin, everybody would

You are right, everybody would fall out laughing!!

I decided I would take over your thread poking fun instead of taking over someone elses thread poking fun at you....;)

Nope, Can't change even if I wanted to, Genetic disorder, Some sort of "Dain Bramage".

By the way,
I got my new set of guages tonite. Looks like I'm gonna be 1 busy Sum-Buck come Monday.

I just got the standard trio set, Oil, Volt, Water, Temp.
I wanted the white face w/black #'s & red dials, and brushed bezels BUT after careful reconsideration, I decided to go with the old style black face w/white #'s and chrome bezel.****you guys got that right****
The careful reconsideration was that I had to buy what they had in stock.

O-well....

Just caught up with this post........I helped a friend of mine add some "C" notches to his rear section. We used 4" heavy pipe for the notch. First thing we did though was to box in the rear section of the frame rails 18", then we took the 4" heavy pipe and drew the pattern on the outside of the frame rails.
We then cut the area out and welded into place the round pipe. Next we cut the round pipe off on the underside and finished the weld to the frame.
This took two days to complete, from dropping the rear axle, cutting, welding and then re-assembling the axle.
We mounted a small bumb stop to the top of the axle, just to absorb any heavy road hash.

I am reccommending that you box the iside section of the frame rails 18", it adds for the required load distribution on that section of the frame, since it is being whacked. And you will need to add inside plates across the open areas of the notch. I am at work and my srver does not allow us to upload pictures from here, or else I would have drawn upa sketch for you.
Good luck on the notch..........:D Maximo

Thanks Max,
I am done with the driverside for now. Plan on doing the pass side tomorrow, and hopefully have it completed also. I have not boxed it in or welded anything in place. I believe it will be ok for the time being seeing as I'm not able to drive it yet. I still have to make the flip kit and whatever I have left over I will probably use like you and your friend did with the pipe. I hope to be able to post more updated pics around noon.

Latest posts

Back