Doing this to a Bel air, good idea??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schine

So, i was looking in the local yunkyards, parts for my beloved Camaro, but you know yoy always get good surprises when you get to visit those places, i can say y was surprised, i saw an international mid 50's (i think) split window cab, a 28 ford, a lonely, but complete single front axle and so, but whe i was leaving i noticed a little yellow 4 door 53-56 bel air, and i asked, and it is CHEAP, not complete, not running, not in an awesome shape, but cheap...

A couple of days later y ran into THIS...

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/04/20/car-spotlight-gt-gt-the-helair.aspx

and inmediatelty thought of the yellow one...i have to tell you guys i fellin love with this one, exept for a couple of thing i'd done differently(or tried) but the car is still awesome for me, so, do you think that's a good idea to get it and Lead Sled/rat modify it?

Wanna hear opinions, there's a lot of experts in this site.. :D

I'm anything but an expert..but that 57 is bad ass.. I'd probably do a 4 to 2 door conversion on it though

..."4 door 53-56 bel air"...

You're talking about completely different cars there... a '53-'54 is one body style, and a '55-'56, is another...the car in your link is a '57...it's also a fairly rare 4-door hardtop, (not a sedan)...did you get pics of the one you saw in the junk yard?

Yes as Dragfink says,whats the exact year/ 53 and 54 's dont look anything like that and even 55 and 56 ones are not that close,but they make awesome gassers. But if you like that look and think whatever the yellow car is will look cool like that ,DO it.No sense leaving it at the yunkyard rotting away more or getting crushed.

.... But if you like that look and think whatever the yellow car is will look cool like that ,DO it.No sense leaving it at the yunkyard rotting away more or getting crushed.

Ditto that. That 57 look wicked!!!! He really hit the mark non that style.

That's some good old fashioned Kustomising! From the look of it, the car wasn't in that great of condition when they started.

..."4 door 53-56 bel air"...

You're talking about completely different cars there... a '53-'54 is one body style, and a '55-'56, is another...the car in your link is a '57...it's also a fairly rare 4-door hardtop, (not a sedan)...did you get pics of the one you saw in the junk yard?

i know they're different, it would be a completely different car, it's the style i'm talking about... that´s why i asl for opinnions.. :D

That's some good old fashioned Kustomising! From the look of it, the car wasn't in that great of condition when they started.

yeah, that's what i'm looking for, a car that's not a loss for the classic restoration purposes, like you guys go on rats, no one would like to see a car in a good shape or model turned into a rusted beater rather than the original beautiful car it could be instead...

yeah, that's what i'm looking for, a car that's not a loss for the classic restoration purposes, like you guys go on rats, no one would like to see a car in a good shape or model turned into a rusted beater rather than the original beautiful car it could be instead...

there is a 31 sedan in one of my older street rod mags that was 100% restored before it got chopped up into a rod.

Latest posts

Back