DOT3 Synthetic

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankr

Anyone know if DOT3 synthetic brake fluid is compatible with all DOT3 fliuds?
My Jag X type says use DOT3 only; just bought some and noticed the label says Snthetic. Are all DOT3 synthetics?
FrankR
1934 Dodge 392 Hemi[dr
1963 Nova Ragtop
1972 Ford Custom

It is supossed to be compatable. I have "topped off" with synthetics and never had any reaction or seperation.

Dot 3

Your jag rear end calipers use "only" dot 4 the rubber seals inside the calipers are natural rubber and regular dot 3 will destroy them, you can flush the complete system and use dot 5 full synthetic fluid with no problems. or you can use the dot 4 with no bad reaction to the manmade rubber products in the front of your brake system. any dot 5 or Castrol dot 4 will work.
I've been working on british cars all my life, I know this for a fact.

Your jag rear end calipers use "only" dot 4 the rubber seals inside the calipers are natural rubber and regular dot 3 will destroy them, you can flush the complete system and use dot 5 full synthetic fluid with no problems. or you can use the dot 4 with no bad reaction to the manmade rubber products in the front of your brake system. any dot 5 or Castrol dot 4 will work.
I've been working on british cars all my life, I know this for a fact.

I don't know squat about British cars, but I bought an 87 Jag for the rear end and after reading this, I went out to the car. The cap says Dot 3 only. Wonder why?

Latest posts

Back