Drop beam vs. Spring under conversion?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvin4jc

This may be a dumb question but i've been reading a bunch of articles on spring under conversions on my '62 F100 and all the associated bump steer and drag link issues. So that got me looking into drop beam axles and i'm wondering if that will leave me with the same issues or is it different somehow?

EDIT: What about mono leaf drop springs?

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
The issue's with bumpsteer would be the same!! Anything you do that changes the location (up or down) of the steering rod at the spindle changes bump steer characteristics. I wouuldn't worry too much about the bump steer on that truck if you're talking about lowering it. As long as you don't have clearence issues you should be good!!
I don't know how much you understand B/S, but the steering rod, or drag link, should be kept as close to level as possible. So if you're lowering the vehicle, you really can't get it that far off level.
Hope this helps some, maybe someone else who has done this particular truck will chime in and give you some firm ideas!!

Latest posts

Back